If you do any international shipping with USPS...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
If you do any international shipping with USPS flat rate boxes, there has been a change this year that went into effect 1/17/16. It used to be that each size box had a price for Canada and a different price for everywhere else in the world. This all changed with this latest rate increase! Now they have international zones set up!

The cost of a Large Flat Rate box to the UK or Australia used to be around $81.95 if I recall. Now to the UK, it is $86.95 and to Australia, it is $95.95! Small Flat is affected too. The UK price is $33.95 and the Australia price is $34.95. These are just the ones I did a quick check on. From what I understand, there are now 6 or 8 zones and pricing will vary between zones.

Just a heads up so you are not surprised if the price ends up being higher than what you thought it would be!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
If you use the regional boxes for domestic or international use and ship them in the package/large envelope category, not the flat rate box rate.... you can still go priority, but at about half the cost. I just sent a package to Toronto - on the 17th, mailed it on 18th... cost was $39.13.

Marko50

USPS Domestic Flat Rate

If you do any international shipping with USPS flat rate boxes, there has been a change this year that went into effect 1/17/16. It used to be that each size box had a price for Canada and a different price for everywhere else in the world. This all changed with this latest rate increase! Now they have international zones set up!

The cost of a Large Flat Rate box to the UK or Australia used to be around $81.95 if I recall. Now to the UK, it is $86.95 and to Australia, it is $95.95! Small Flat is affected too. The UK price is $33.95 and the Australia price is $34.95. These are just the ones I did a quick check on. From what I understand, there are now 6 or 8 zones and pricing will vary between zones.

Just a heads up so you are not surprised if the price ends up being higher than what you thought it would be!

USPS Domestic (USA) flat rate went up too; went up from $5.25 to $6.10. At least that's the price I get from my Stamps.com account and Etsy shipping. One would have to assume it's even more if you just go to your local USPS. Bummer.:frown:

robutacion

Ouch, that is going to hurt...!:eek::mad:

Another US$14 for every box of juice I order, that is just madness...!

Nothing to do with you Curtis, I know that however, was not that long ago that, the shipping prices went up and that is starting to hurt us, small fellows...!

The only good thing about these news is that, I recently (before the end of the year) I quadrupled my regular order of juice from 2 large boxes (4 x gallons) to 8 boxes (16 gallons) and I couldn't remember why I did do that but, it seems that I made the right decision, I just saved myself, 8 x US$14 = US$112.00 = AU$160.00

Australia has had Zones for International destinations for some years now, USA and Canada share the same zone (4) costs, most other destinations are about 10% to 20% higher costs.

Shippings cost are something that has to be taken into consideration when ordering, when shipping starts to cost as much as the contents (exceptions do apply), you start to wonder, huh...???

Cheers
George

3Peake

Ouch. It originally cost $14.95 (I think) to get a small flat rate shipped to the UK. That then went up to $24.95 and now it's going up again to $33.95. That seriously affects what pen turners in the UK are going to be buying from USA as we also get slammed for import duty as well. So 20 x $4 blanks for instance are going to cost us roughly $140 after cost,shipping,import duty and clearing.

Ligget

Ouch. It originally cost $14.95 (I think) to get a small flat rate shipped to the UK. That then went up to $24.95 and now it's going up again to $33.95. That seriously affects what pen turners in the UK are going to be buying from USA as we also get slammed for import duty as well. So 20 x $4 blanks for instance are going to cost us roughly $140 after cost,shipping,import duty and clearing.

Martin you will need to start stabilizing blanks at home, buy cactus juice from here: LINK :)

Top Bottom