If You Are A Cook And Have Some Time On Your Hands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy_

This is grossly off topic; but I know this is a talented bunch and I'm sure there are some good cooks out there as well as pencrafters so this may be of interest??

Cuatro Leches Mantecada
Vanilla Sponge Cake

La Duni was named the best desserts in Dallas by "D" Magazine and yes, there is a favorite among many... the cuatro leches cake. It’s a layered mantecada vanilla sponge cake.

La Duni
L A T I N C A F E
BIC 2003 V.02.10.03
D U N I R E C I P E S
Dunia Borga
PASTRY CHEF
4620 McKinney Ave. Dallas Texas 75205
Cafe 214 - 520 - 7300 Fax 214 - 520 - 7390
www.laduni.com

Because a day
without love ,
laughter or dessert is
a wasted day.......

Mom Duni
Layered Mantecada Vanilla Sponge Cake, soaked in Cuatro
Leches Sauce, Topped with Caramelized Swiss Meringue and
Dotted with Arequipe Caramel Reduction, Served with extra Tres
Leches Sauce and Arequipe Caramel
“Best Desserts in Dallasâ€

Vanilla Mantecada Cake

Procedure
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
1. Sift baking powder, flour and salt. Cream butter in the mixer with the paddle attachment until very fluffy.
2. Add the sugar gradually until is all incorporated. Add one egg at a time, until blended using speed #1. Continue to mix, add vanilla extract, add 1/3 of flour mixture into the batter.
3. Add 1/2 cup of milk, then half of the left over flour mix, then the rest of milk, then the remaining flour until fully incorporated for about 1 minute or less, do not over mix.
4. Pour batter into an 8†buttered cake pan mold lined with parchment paper
5. Place in lower 3rd rack of heated oven and bake for 55 to 70 minutes until the center of the cake springs back when touched and the sides come apart from the mold. It will smell done, when ready.

Ingredients
3 cups all purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
8" parchment paper liner
8†cake pan

Dulce De Leche
(Arequipe, Manjar Blanco)

Ingredients
1 Can of Eagle Condensed Milk

Procedure
1. Boil the unopened can in a water bath inside a large cylinder strainer for 2 hours at medium high fire.
2. Carefully flip the can upside down every 45 minutes, while boiling.
3. Remove can from water, allow to cool off then open. Make sure you always maintain the can at least 2/3 covered with water or it may explode.

Caramelized Meringue

Ingredients
2 cups of Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice
1 cup egg whites
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 oz of water

Procedure
1. In small sauce pan, with a candy thermometer, bring water and sugar to softball level. Temperature 240° F.
2. In a electric mixer bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form,
using the whip attachment.
3. Add the sugar syrup slowly at medium speed. Once it is all incorporated, bring the speed up to high, add lemon juice and vanilla, then mix well until hard peaks form.

3 Leches Sauce

Ingredients
2 cups evaporated milk
2 cups condensed milk
2 cups whipping cream

Procedure
Whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate.

Arequipe Sauce

Ingredients
1 cup dulce de leche
1/2 cup warmed whole milk

Procedure
Whisk all ingredients together and refrigerate.

Cake Assembly

Ingredients
1 8†baked and cooled mantecada cake
1 cup of 3 leches sauce
3/4 cup Arequipe Sauce
1 recipe of Meringue
Powder sugar for dusting, Blow torch, knife, sifter, spatula, cake card board, and cake platter.

Procedure
1. Turn cake onto a card board and remove parchment paper.
2. Slice cake upside down in 3 even layers, use toothpicks to guide your knife.
3. Pierce each layer with a fork.
4. Brush 6 oz. of 3 leches sauce per layer, as you top the layers and reassemble the cake.
5. Ice cake with meringue using a spatula, make sure to create a 1/2 inch thick cover all around the cake and finish with peaks.
6. Torch the meringue until golden brown, make sure not to burn it.
7. Drizzle Arequipe sauce and dust with powder sugar.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Thanks Randy,

LOML printed it already and will bake one this weekend for my son's birthday [:)]...I'll let you all know next week how it tastes [:D]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
I can see what your up too....
You just want me to go into a Diabetic Coma so you can come over and steal all my good wood... I got you pegged... [;)][;)]
OH MAN, that sounds so good... but if I even thought about it SWMBO and the doctor would sew my lips shut... [:(][:(]

Randy_

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />I can see what your up too....You just want me to go into a Diabetic Coma so you can come over and steal all my good wood... I got you pegged... [;)][;)]
OH MAN, that sounds so good... but if I even thought about it SWMBO and the doctor would sew my lips shut... [:(][:(]

Tom: Knowing the kind of work you do, I would be happy to settle for the "BAD" wood in your shop!! If I got ahold of your good wood, I would probably go into a cellulose induced coma!! [:D][:D]

BigRob777

Joe,
I don't think two slices will fit in a flatrate envelope.[:D] I'm a good cook, but that looks like it will take all day. I'd rather be turning. After cooking for 600 marines at a time (I once made 90 gallons of chili maccoroni and put too much chili powder in it), I am more interested in working with wood, than with food. Now, eating is another story.

I don't recognize half of the ingredients anyway. And I'm with Griz, gotta watch that glucose level.
Big (Bellied) Rob[:p]

Ron Mc

Randy,
Boy that sounds wonderful![:D] You know what, with all of those special ingredient's it may work as a wood stabilizer as well.[;)]

Randy_

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Randy,
Boy that sounds wonderful![:D] You know what, with all of those special ingredient's it may work as a wood stabilizer as well.[;)]

I don't know about wood; but a couple of pieces sure does stabalize me!!![:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom