If I had to do it all again........

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sappheiros

If I had to do it all again, I would waste less time doing it.

In life, we can never make up our minds. We never know where we want to go in life and if we do, we never allow ourselves to go. A dream isn't something we follow, but something we build.

keithbyrd

God has given me the gift of a very small rear view mirror. While I am not always happy with or proud of some of the things in my past I don't look back very much. I am who and what I am as a result of those things and looking where I am going is a lot more fun!! (But I wish I hadn't taken several years off woodworking!)

firewhatfire

If I changed anything it would alter everything beyond that point and I could not possibly be what I am today.

That said I would have to go a long way back and take a few more things more serious,

My Faith and sharing the Gospel, I miss my grandfathers wisdom and joy, and I would encourage others to the potential I see in them more often.

stonepecker

OMG.........so many things I would do different. But then I wouldn't be who I am today.

Been more serious about school.
Never married the first wife.
So many different careers I would have explored.
Saved more money. ( I am broke today.....Doctors keep you that way)
Never started smoking.

We all look back and the older you get, the sharper your review vision becomes. I know that today, I don't deal with BS as well as I did when I was younger. I let people use me before......not today or in the future.

But you can't change what has happen before. All you can do is strive to be a better YOU in the future.

JMHO

Kenny Durrant

There are several things I would do differently but I would'nt go back for anything. I agree with the others about enjoying life more and being more serious when I needed to be. I'm happy with who I am and what I have although others might not be so happy with the who I am part.

jttheclockman

When I wrote the question I kind of figured I would get the philosophical part and I do understand the not being able to go back. But it was meant to be a fun question. I do agree with Stonepecker and I guess it is what makes me think of things like this. The older we get the more we reminisce. We know we are on the backside of the curve of life and we take stock more in what happened on the front side. Yes I know we can not change a thing but it does make you stop and think where would I be if_________________. When we are young we all have dreams of wanting to do this, or become this, or see this. How many of us actually fulfill our dreams??? :):):)

mecompco

I try never to look back (something might be gaining on me). But, from time to time I do ponder the "Butterfly Effect". How one tiny, split second decision or action can entirely change our lives for years to come.

Regards,
Michael

Rockytime

I have often asked myself that question, What If? Many things in my past I prefer to forget. But thankfully I am where God so graciously placed me. A nice home, a loving wife of 52 years, (Who just brought me a root beer float) successful children and grand children. My youngest grandson just left for college on a football scholarship. Nope, I would not change a thing.

Terredax

Banned
IF... I could change anything, it would be to spend more time with those that meant so much to me, but more importantly...those that cared for myself.

Being young, a person doesn't realize that life isn't forever and they don't cherish what is really important. People, wisdom, and life is taken for granted.

Everyone has regrets of something that they either did or did not do in life, but I accept who I've become as a result.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My brother and I are the oldest "Males" on my father's side in 5 generations. Average age at death was 51. We are 58 and 57, and are happy to still be here.

Both of my college roommates have passed away; one at age 51; the other spent his last 33 years in a Nursing Home after contracting Meningitis at age 20.

For me, I will not second guess my poor choices, hold any thoughts of regret, or give much thought for what I have accomplished (I don't take myself too seriously). I have a preference for "Random Acts of Kindness" with no regard to any expectation, and whenever I can share what I have for others, I will do so - Some day I may need their, or others help!

...Maybe I should have gotten a cat earlier... (As I try to type with "Coco" sprawled over my keyboard).

magpens

I would have bought stock in Apple when it was $7.00 a share! :biggrin: And that was only about 20 years ago.

That recently, eh?

My 2 then-teenage sons and I put together an Apple II Plus system (soldered the motherboard, etc.) in 1983.

Top Bottom