Ideas on how to fix this

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

yorkie

Because this is a long clicker, I can't trim the refill down enough and the blank is too nice to throw away. I thought about finding a copper washer and trimming to fit, but I thought I'd reach out first and see if anyone has an idea.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4040.jpg
    IMG_4040.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 307
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you. I don't know how to length the tube and still have enough depth to hold the top or bottom section. When that has happened to me, I tried to find a kit that take the same diameter tube and nearly the same diameter blank/materials. I then shortened the tube to match the other hit and turned the blank down or built it up slightly with CA.

Sorry for not having a solution.

yorkie

Thank you. I don't know how to length the tube and still have enough depth to hold the top or bottom section. When that has happened to me, I tried to find a kit that take the same diameter tube and nearly the same diameter blank/materials. I then shortened the tube to match the other hit and turned the blank down or built it up slightly with CA.

Sorry for not having a solution.

Thanks. That might be my only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Stephen,
Try this, drill out a black piece of wood or acrylic, then use the bushings and turn and finish.
Now you can slice off a ring the thickness you need, remove the nib and put the ring in.
You should have enough hold if the ring is only a couple of mm´s !!

Irv

chartle

Stephen,
Try this, drill out a black piece of wood or acrylic, then use the bushings and turn and finish.
Now you can slice off a ring the thickness you need, remove the nib and put the ring in.
You should have enough hold if the ring is only a couple of mm´s !!

Irv

Yes make it contrasting don't try to match it.

eharri446

From the looks of the nib in the photo, the tip of the refill is sticking out from the end of the nib. If that is the case, then adding a contrasting ring at either the top or the bottom of the blank will work. I had to do that with one of the fishing inlay blanks from wood-n-whimsies in order to make it fit a PSI Fly Fishing Pen Kit.

Mr Vic

Grab the black plastic lid off a coffee can and cut/punch a washer for each ends. Doing both ends makes it look intentional. I've used both the lids and cans for segmenting and it works great. There are lots of colored lids out there of varying thicknesses.

Top Bottom