IAP Staff Change

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
After 5 years of outstanding service to the IAP, Dean Charlier ([profile]alphageek[/profile]) has decided to step down from the moderation team. Over those 5 years, Dean has been an excellent moderator, keeping conversation on track, and helping members enjoy their time here. He has had a tremendous positive impact on our community, and has been a valued member of the the IAP leadership team. Dean provided very thoughtful input to many of the important decisions we've made over the years, and when something needed to get done, we could always count on Dean. I know I speak for Curtis and the rest of the management team when I say that we will miss Dean's presence in the "back room".

Dean is looking forward to relaxing as a regular member, and I hope we'll see him posting as much or more than usual. I know he is committed to the well being of the IAP, and will continue his dedication to our great community.

Please join Curtis and I in thanking Dean for his dedication and service to the IAP! :handshake:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
After 5 years of outstanding service to the IAP, Dean Charlier ([profile]alphageek[/profile]) has decided to step down from the moderation team. Over those 5 years, Dean has been an excellent moderator, keeping conversation on track, and helping members enjoy their time here. He has had a tremendous positive impact on our community, and has been a valued member of the the IAP leadership team. Dean provided very thoughtful input to many of the important decisions we've made over the years, and when something needed to get done, we could always count on Dean. I know I speak for Curtis and the rest of the management team when I say that we will miss Dean's presence in the "back room".

Dean is looking forward to relaxing as a regular member, and I hope we'll see him posting as much or more than usual. I know he is committed to the well being of the IAP, and will continue his dedication to our great community.

Please join Curtis and I in thanking Dean for his dedication and service to the IAP! :handshake:
hmmmmm.....now who will I 'fight' with??? God Speed Dean in whatever new roll you play here and Thank you, we started off rough but came to get on real well

TonyL

Thank you Dean for your service and for the continued support of the current management.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Thank you for all the "unnoticed" dedicated service Dean!

Volunteer service is much needed, and under appreciated.

Tom T

Dean thank you for doing a great job. Moderating is a crazy business. Thanks for keeping the IAP peace. And thanks for keeping things up beat. The IAP has great people that are so helpful. Looking forward to seeing you in the discussion.

PR_Princess

[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]I am not sure who said them, but I came across these words some time ago. They some how seemed fitting today..

"Volunteering is like the ultimate exercise in democracy. You might vote in elections once a year. But when you volunteer, you make a vote everyday about the kind of community you want to live in."

I want to thank you so much Dean! Not only for your selflessness, and your dedication, but most of all ...for helping make the IAP be the type of community that we want to live in.
[/FONT]

SteveG

Dean, Thank You!! I have been part of IAP for your entire tenure as Mod, and have never been moderated myself. But that aside, what is notable is the service you provided...never too heavy, yet not too light. In fact, just right. The result (including you and the other mods), has been to keep that aspect of IAP very balanced, and help make IAP a very nice place to be. I feel sure I convey the feelings by many as I state this.

Now it is your time to relax a bit, and feel good about what we have here. Your contributions have been significant, and with much Aloha.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I was at camp when the announcement was made (we have no power (or running water) at camp, so I missed the public announcement of this.

I just wanted to give my public thanks as well to Dean for his years of help - and for his tireless ability to problem solve computer issues...he's been a good 'go-to' for members with technical forum issues!

Thanks, Dean!!

Top Bottom