IAP Membership Cards - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2018, 11:41 PM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 83

In case anyone wants to see the poll this is the thread

Membership Cards

Mike thanks for doing this. If there is anything I can do to assist in any way feel free to let me know.

No rhyme or reason for these links but some I found maybe of interest. Also if anyone has dealt with a business like this and is either a customer or friend or relative of a company who may help us, feel free to jump in.

https://onlineriver.com/plastic-cards/

http://membershipcards.com/

http://www.relyco.com/products/id-me...plastic-cards/

https://plastekcards.com/product-car...bership-cards/

As Mike said now is a good time for the artists and graphics people to help come up with a design for our very own membership card that everyone will be proud to show and use. He will let everyone know how and if a contest is needed to pick the design. So work on it or roll it around in your head till then. I believe this time we can get this done.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

Bump
Old Yesterday, 06:38 PM   #23 (permalink)
IAP Activities Manager
Emeritus

Photos: 132

Default Membership Card Update

I just wanted to give you guys an update about this project. I've looked into outsourcing, not practical. I looked into buying our own equipment to print our own PVC type membership cards. It is possible to do this with several types of readily available ink jet printers. I just happen to own one of the printers that would work. It's doable, and Jeff gave me the green light to buy a couple of the items needed and give this a shot. Then Jeff made another suggestion, well two suggestions actually. Suggestion 1: Design and order PVC type cards with a common IAP design on them, then apply heavy duty foil labels with the member information on the back of the cards. The concern is whether not the printing on the labels would last. Maybe these could be laminated for extra durability. We would have to experiment. Suggestion 2: Use heavy stock, as heavy as we can find, print the cards and laminate them. Again, I would want to see what is available. I think both of these ideas are worth exploring so that is what I am doing before I make any purchases.

Please be patient. I am doing this in my spare time. The availability of spare time fluctuates from day to day. I assure you that I'll keep working on it and that I will keep the membership informed as to the progress.

Last edited by mbroberg; Yesterday at 06:39 PM.
mbroberg is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 219

Mike...rest assured that, "I" am in no hurry.

Thanks for doing this.
Dalecamino is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
BLB

Photos: 0

I like the KISS method myself.
Attached Thumbnails
iap.jpeg  
BLB is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM   #26 (permalink)

Mike thanks for staying with this and I believe everyone here has the uttmost confidence in your ability to get this done and there is no real pressure for time so work at your own pace. Thanks for keeping us updated.

With some of the suggestions that Jeff made and maybe you are thinking got my mind to wonder over to the use of a business card setup. Vista Print is a very good company to deal with for quality and possibilities such as different materials such as plastics or heavy card stock. Maybe another avenue to try. Again thanks.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member Liaison

Photos: 46

Any possibility of letting us printing our own?

I do NOT print legal docs, but I do know how and have the ability to print HIGH quality and laminate. Done that plenty of times. Lasts for years.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Last edited by leehljp; Yesterday at 11:23 PM.
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads