IAP logo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

OK we all are familar with this logo:) My question is what colors are the logo?? Are there any blanks out there that have the colors of the logo and if so where can they be bought?? This includes solid colors or combination of colors.

If there are none why is it for 12 or 13 years has no one ever made logo colored blanks. We keep having tons of members making all kinds of blanks why not one for the site??? I am not saying add a logo, just the colors used in the logo to match perfectly.

IAP_LOGO_INTL_med.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The globe fill is a gradiant. There are thousands of colors.

Somewhere, I have the Pantone numbers for the "IAP" letter colors, the outline, and the outside lettering. I think it might be in the logo ownership letter I got from the original creator. It's here, but finding that would take some deep digging.

So, my answer is "IAP Blue" :biggrin:

jttheclockman

Yes I see the gradiant effect. I guess for the project I have in mind I will try to get as close to the blue letters, lighter blue for the field with white mixed in and also some black trimming. Just so tough to match blank colors from photos on people's sites. Get the blank and it looks nothing like that shown. Been there done that. Not sure if color names will do anything Jeff so do not bother looking for those. Thanks.

By the way I went back to the beginning and read some of the older posts when this logo came into existents and the feuds that went on about a simple logo and its useage. :):):)

Skie_M

Still think Jeff should order up like 1000+ of those light-up pens with the IAP logo on it .... ;)

Sell em as a minor fundraiser for the IAP servers, have them passed out at IAP events, ect ...

jttheclockman

Here is what I came up with when I ran the logo through my graphic design software.

2cade1abea43fbed83717f6816c51075.jpg

7f1c1f501ee1e90ffc4bf5b4ddd9f6bd.jpg

a88ba65d47f742826b84aecb2cff3310.jpg
dffba0834dc2e52a941bc0fe1e75e9ab.jpg

434fa79704238cb95e2abda51c28fba4.jpg

4338fa3aa26e7d7035a490f2ef7a4971.jpg

Not sure if this is what people are looking for or not.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

This is helpful. What photo do you say is the blue letters, what photo is the bottom light blue in the globe. That is the 2 colors I am looking for.

I can handle the white and black:)

Skie_M

Simply left-click grabbed the top color bar and dragged it over the logo to compare color ... it's an easy way to color match which colors go where.

attachment.php

Notice how the top right corner practically disappears? :)

Attachments

• logocolors.jpg
    logocolors.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 278

jttheclockman

Perfect thank you for taking the time to do the color chart. Now to find some blanks that are those colors. It looks easier when done like that.

Terredax

Banned
The globe fill is a gradiant. There are thousands of colors.

Somewhere, I have the Pantone numbers for the "IAP" letter colors, the outline, and the outside lettering. I think it might be in the logo ownership letter I got from the original creator. It's here, but finding that would take some deep digging.

So, my answer is "IAP Blue" :biggrin:

Just curious.
Are you sure it's a gradient, or is it a blend?
Most vector artwork is done with blends.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Perfect thank you for taking the time to do the color chart. Now to find some blanks that are those colors. It looks easier when done like that.

Hey JT... have you found any matching blanks yet?
I had a quick look in my stash and came across these...
Any good? Shout if you want them. :wink:

Attachments

• DSCF0970-001.JPG
    DSCF0970-001.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCF0972-001.JPG
    DSCF0972-001.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 120

jttheclockman

Hey JT... have you found any matching blanks yet?
I had a quick look in my stash and came across these...
Any good? Shout if you want them. :wink:

Have not but this project is one of the many on my to do list this year. I am more than likely will be going with solid colors to do what I want to do. All my time in the shop that I have planned and just started working with may come to a halt once again. I am not feeling well again and have a doctors appointment Monday. Last time landed me in the hospital for 10 days. Just when I started to have fun again.

Top Bottom