IAP in the ER

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Maverick KB

Nothing like browsing The forums and entertaining myself for hours while I lay here in the ER hooked up to an EKG. Had some chest pains for last 24 hours and apparently the Dr doesn't seem to be too concerned about it. Haven't seen him yet and it's been at least an hour or two... 20% on my phone at least.

I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm relaxed and getting a few new ideas at least.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Based on your post #3, I will light-heartedly say...

Maybe you were subconsciously just looking for some down time to be able to get on IAP, and this did it for you! :tongue:

I hope all is truly OK

Aloha

Maverick KB

Thanks guys. Wasn't the big one and no clots. Looks like I'm still invincible... (Until I'm not) it must have been a need for some IAP & downtime. I can't even pronounce, let alone spell what he said but the worst part is only going to be (maybe) a couple days off the lathe.

BJohn

Always good to error on the safe side.

10 years ago next month, it had pains that I never had before, my bride nagged me long enough that I went on in to get checked. 5 days later had triple bypass.

Who ever said nagging is a bad thing. LOL

Dave Turner

You did the right thing going to the ER. Best case, the pain is not of cardiac origin and of minimal significance, such as reflux or gastritis. Plus, after the workup, you should have a much better knowledge of your current cardiac risk.

Worst case, you've successfully averted an otherwise life-threatening event.

Too bad more people don't seek medical treatment for new onset chest pain.

moke

Maverick,
Glad to hear you are ok......I went through a similar situation last fall....only it was my wife and we were there for 4 hours. Our dog ( a big Golden....puppy at that time ) ran into my wife's knees, knocking her over backwards onto her head. I was mowing and as I came around the corner on my tractor, she was laying there, out cold!

She was ok, but had a huge head ache. We took her to the ER, where we waited in the waiting room for 4 hours. There were some kids there with the flu and God knows what, coughing and crying in every one's face. My ipad with IAP and Lumberjocks was a good form of therapy.

We finally got in after 4 hours and 10 minutes for a head injury! Oh did I mention that my wife is a director of that very hospital? Let's just say that my very mild mannered little wife was less than happy....not just for her, but all the poor people in the waiting room.....it did not work out well for the management staff of ER......In my mind, it was worth the wait to see the ER managers face when she saw us walk into the room after the wait.

Last edited:
Top Bottom