IAP Collection Pen #7

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chief TomaToe

Another awe inspiring pen! I'm honestly quite flummoxed on how that center emblem in the center of the cap was created. If I had to guess it would be multi-step casting of brass pieces. I can't figure it out, so it must be magic!

jttheclockman

Another awe inspiring pen! I'm honestly quite flummoxed on how that center emblem in the center of the cap was created. If I had to guess it would be multi-step casting of brass pieces. I can't figure it out, so it must be magic!
Yes it is made from many pieces and this is called Mosaic pins. The technique is used alot in the knife making and pistol grip making world.

Here is a simple video. The designs are endless. Just do a google search for mosaic pins and hit images and pintrest will show many ideas.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa_psUXHJGM

Chief TomaToe

Yes it is made from many pieces and this is called Mosaic pins. The technique is used alot in the knife making and pistol grip making world.

Here is a simple video. The designs are endless. Just do a google search for mosaic pins and hit images and pintrest will show many ideas.

Thanks! I'm completely ignorant to knife making, but that looks like a good tool in the segmenters arsenal.

jttheclockman

Thanks! I'm completely ignorant to knife making, but that looks like a good tool in the segmenters arsenal.

Oh yes. It has been done many times here. I do not want to muddy up this thread but if you do a search here you will find many examples of this technique.

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Another awe inspiring pen!

Hi Ronnie.

The IAP Collection has enjoyed "Hoosier Hospitality" twice so far, but with you folks making progress to get the Chapter started again, I'll stay in touch and I see no reason why it wouldn't make an appearance in 2019.

LARGER GATHERINGS

4/17/2015: MPG (Midwest Penturner's Gathering), Champaign, Illinois
5/1/2015: MAPG (Midatlantic Penturner's Gathering), Richmond, Virginia
10/25/2015: Wisconsin IAP Chapter Meeting, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
11/21/2015: Indianapolis IAP Chapter Meeting, Indianapolis, Indiana
2/27/2016: FLGAPG (Florida/Georgia Penturner's Gathering), Tampa, Florida
4/2/2016: Totally Turning Symposium, Saratoga Springs, New York
4/9/2016: MPG, Wadsworth, Ohio
5/14/2016: MAPG, Richmond, Virginia
10/12/2016: Minnesota IAP Chapter Meeting/Penapalooza, Minneapolis, Minnesota
4/8/2017: MPG Wadsworth, Ohio
9/9/2017: Carolina/Piedmont, NC IAP Chapter
9/14/2017: Richmond, VA IAP Chapter
9/16/2017: Georgia IAP Chapter
10/14/2017: Chicagoland IAP Chapter
10/21/2017: Ohio IAP Chapter
5/19/2018: MPG Wadsworth, Ohio

TBA:
2019 - New Jersey & PA AAW Chapters (2-3)
2019 - MPG - Chicago, IL
2019 - Possibly a SW USA Road Trip?

SMALL GROUP GATHERINGS

9/12/2015: Webberville, Michigan
1/21/2016: Independence, Ohio
2/29/2016: Cocoa Beach, Florida
3/4/2016: Indianapolis, Indiana
3/22/2016: Phoenix, Arizona
4/25/2016: Columbus, Ohio
6/7/2016: Canton, Ohio
8/27/2016: Medina, Ohio
9/12/2017: Durham, NC