IAP Birthday Bash Question! Where's my prize!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

1JaredSchmidt

I won the ugliest pen contest 1st place and I haven't seen my prize yet. I was supposed to get 1 of every blank this guy had in stock (about 27 blanks). Does anyone know who this is,or did he just forget? I e-mailed him my address. Maybe I'll never get them.Thanks![V]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nolan

Originally posted by 1JaredSchmidt

I won the ugliest pen contest 1st place and I haven't seen my prize yet. I was supposed to get 1 of every blank this guy had in stock (about 27 blanks). Does anyone know who this is,or did he just forget? I e-mailed him my address. Maybe I'll never get them.Thanks![V]

Did the supplier respond to your emails?

DozerMite

Banned
I never received my blanks either.:( I didn't bother with it. I figured they had their reason for not sending them. It may hurt future business for them though.

OKLAHOMAN

Dario,until we know the reason ie: illness,family problems etc. well you get the idea,I think we have enough good people here to make good on all the winners.
Originally posted by Dario

Is it wrong to ask who didn't send the prizes?

Randy_

I just had a discussion on this very topic with the Bash PrizeMasters and discovered that there were still a few prizes that had not been sent out. There was no explanation mentioned for the delay.

I do apologize for the delay. I will see that this information is passed along to the proper people so this situation can be remedied promptly.

This was my first year to be involved with the IAP Bash on "the other side" and I was amazed at how much was involved in organizing and executing all of the activities. It doesn't surprise me that there were a few hiccups and it does surprise me that there weren't more. Nonetheless, everyone did their level best to see that things were done right and we will see that these oversights are resolved.

Please be patient just a bit longer and if there are any others out there who still have a problem, please let us know and you "WILL" be taken care of.

Added: Faulty memory. This was posted recently about prize distribution. As you can see it may be due to circumstances outside the control of IAP; but we will get it worked out.

I just got the last prize sent out from Alumilite...a miscommunication coupled with email problems was the culprit there, but she sent the last prize out today - so no problems on that account...

I had also been trying to get the prize from Beall sent out, and had to pass that one on to Jeff, as I had no luck getting through to Beall....so hopefully Jeff has that one sorted out by now too!

Andrew

Randy_

Originally posted by 1JaredSchmidt

.....Does anyone know who this is,or did he just forget? I e-mailed him my address.....

The more I use email, the less reliable I consider it to be. I can't tell you how many emails I have sent that were never received. I always follow up on unanswered emails and look for alternative ways to communicate a message when I don't get a response to the first inquiry.

Maybe you should send the original donor a second message. I had one situation arise where the email service was blocking the domain I was sending email from and I was only able reach the guy by using an email from a different domain.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Excellent point, Randy. I just went through this with a member on the forum who took the time to email me using an alternative email ID. It alerted me to a problem with one of my email addresses.

arioux

Dozermite,

Just heard about you not getting the blanks. I just ask Randy via email to make sure i had the good address, they where mailed the same week you won. After Randy confirm your address, or you send it to me via email, i'll resend you an other package and double the original amout i was sending (48 instead of 24, i have thousand of blanks here, so no problem about that). Just sorry about the mess.

Alfred

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
To all those that haven't received your prizes - I don't have the list of winners anymore...figured that the end of March would be safe to get rid of them...so try emailing the supplier yourself. If that doesn't work, try it again, and then we'll figure something out...

Andrew

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by arioux

Dozermite,

Just heard about you not getting the blanks. I just ask Randy via email to make sure i had the good address, they where mailed the same week you won. After Randy confirm your address, or you send it to me via email, i'll resend you an other package and double the original amout i was sending (48 instead of 24, i have thousand of blanks here, so no problem about that). Just sorry about the mess.

Alfred

That is very good of you, Alfred. Perhaps the international mailing caused a problem.
Interesting to see how much response this thread caused. :)

mdburn_em

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

That is very good of you, Alfred. Perhaps the international mailing caused a problem.
Interesting to see how much response this thread caused. :)

Equally interesting is how many good hearted people are on this site.
Just one reason this is my home on the web.

Scott

Thank you, Randy and Lou, for alerting me to this conversation.

We have a lot of people donating prizes for the Birthday Bash out of the goodness of their hearts. Most of them are just members here at IAP, willing to share with a fellow member. Just like all of us! If a prize doesn't make it out to a winner, there could be any number of reasons why, not the least of which is the logistical nightmare of keeping track of all the winners and notifying the prize donors. We've found the weak link in this process to be the questionable reliability of E-Mail, but it surely is not the only possible reason for a mis-communication. Andrew did an amazing job of connecting all the dots in the huge puzzle of connecting prize winners with prize donors!

A month ago we thought we pretty much had all the prizes where they ought to be. There were a couple of stragglers, but for the most part that was a matter of communication. But we can't read minds, so we don't know you didn't get your prize if you don't tell us. Thanks Jared and Dozermite, for letting us know. We can easily work on getting your prize to you. If anybody else hasn't gotten their prize yet, you may want to let us know as well. Drop me or Randy or Andrew or Jeff an E-Mail, anybody who was involved in running the Bash can help with this, yes even Al! :D

And I apologize for things getting messed up. We're all just volunteers trying to do our best. But you all are our friends, and we want to make sure you're taken care of!

Scott.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
A couple of glitches in the Bash? Inconceivable! String the volunteers up next to their skews! But seriously, though the bash is nearly two months passed, I want to express my gratitude to the volunteers for their many hours of work in making it the most fun month of the year. Theirs is not a thankless job, for most, if not all, of us thank them individually and collectively. With a little effort and the marvelous intentions of the members of our community, things will get straightened out. I'm glad the forum makes a young guy like Jared feel comfortable in posting a sensitive issue like this. I'm even more proud of the numerous friends here who will go the extra mile to make things right. Thank you, friends. [8D]

DozerMite

Banned
I agree with Lou. Everyone did a great job with a huge undertaking. I look forward to next year. I probably should have contacted Alfred, but I figured there was a mess up with the shipping process, possibly held up in customs.I thought it would eventually show up. I didn't want to make an issue out of something that was voluntary to begin with. Some things are just out of our hands. Thanks to everyone for showing that this is a great place to spend spare time. Great forum, Great people!

Randy_

Andrew: That's not necessary. It's probably time to just close the book on this one and move on. There are any number of explanations for what has happened; but I don't see much point in pursuing it any further; but thanks for trying.

Top Bottom