I poured the trash can on kitchen floor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Lastnight my wife asks me if I have seen the tickets to the Richmond race... Well she had them in this thing by the door and we searched all over. I never had them, they were given to me by my grandmother, so I thought she had them in a safe place. Well we discussed where they could be, and figured they fell out and one of the kids or in laws picked them up and threw them in the trash. I then lifted the kitchen trash can and poured it out on the floor. Some reason my wife was not exactly happy with me. Did I do anything wrong? :eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Lastnight my wife asks me if I have seen the tickets to the Richmond race... Well she had them in this thing by the door and we searched all over. I never had them, they were given to me by my grandmother, so I thought she had them in a safe place. Well we discussed where they could be, and figured they fell out and one of the kids or in laws picked them up and threw them in the trash. I then lifted the kitchen trash can and poured it out on the floor. Some reason my wife was not exactly happy with me. Did I do anything wrong? :eek:

Not if you found the tickets.:biggrin:

Lin.

edicehouse

They were in there. I told her that is over $160 that got thrown away. . .

These are the final time my grandmother is getting any race tickets, and I went there so many times with them and my late grandfather. So these have a much greater value than the $160.

In between her telling me and us looking for them I had to go outside, because I was so irate that I didn't want my temper to get the better of me.

PaulDoug

I've been married to my wife for 44 years. I would not have poured the kitchen garbage on her clean kitchen floor for any amount of money! :eek: I want to live a few more years! :rolleyes: I would have taken it outside to go through it. Why live on the edge if you don't have to?? :confused:

IPD_Mr

I've been married to my wife for 44 years. I would not have poured the kitchen garbage on her clean kitchen floor for any amount of money! :eek: I want to live a few more years! :rolleyes: I would have taken it outside to go through it. Why live on the edge if you don't have to?? :confused:

Wisdom comes in many forms. I like to listen and draw from the experiences of the successful. 44 years is successful to me. :)

Rick P

Ummmmm NO we process hundreds of pounds of game meat and salmon in our kitchen every year. Without a doubt it would have gone outside before the search began!

Really glad you found your tickets BTW.........I read the post and my mind immediately conjured up an image of 40 pounds of salmon guts spilling over the tile!

tim self

In Ed's defense, if he would have taken the trash outside, then found the tickets, she could have said he found them where HE lost them and was blaming her. He was just covering his own butt. NOTE: DONT POUR THE TRASH OUT ON THE FLOOR AGAIN!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Pour the trash on the floor.
Find the tickets
Replace trash in the receptacle
Wash floor
15 minutes work, $160

Where else can you make $640 per hour, as a janitor?

EarlD

I'm with you PaulDoug! And I'm 2 days shy of 44 years. lol
EarlD

Bobalu

Geez! I've been in houses where you would've had a tough time telling if someone emptied the trash can onto the floor, or if that was just how it looked normally. Makes me wonder what they do when they lose something.

Glad you found the tickets. Hope the race works out better than it did here in Atlanta last week.

Top Bottom