I love my wife but...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

Wimmins...you can't live with them. I told mine about 8 years ago we needed to sell this house & move. No.
The value had went from $220K up to over $400K in little less than 5 years, because they were building $650K houses across the road from us.

Then the real estate slump hit. We went from having money in the bank to being under water overnight. Now my wife wishes she'd listened to me.
It's taken 8 years for the value to slowly creep back up to what we paid for it 15 years ago. :mad:

The people who bought those houses at $650K mostly walked away from them. Lots of them are boarded up & have been for years.
Too bad too, because they are all really nice houses.

randyrls

Yep; I tried to buy a foreclosed house. Rather that a reasonable amount of money now, the bank will not sell the house for less than they have in it. So it sits there dragging down the prices of all the other houses around it and the bank is stuck because the longer it sits without care, the worse condition it is in.

Herb G

My county gov't is trying to get a law passed so they can claim imminent domain and take over abandoned homes after a certain time.
The banks can either sell them off & try to get some money back, or lose the house entirely & the county will tear it down if it's in bad shape.

The should reduce the squatting & rampant drug use that's currently taking place in them.
Naturally, the banks are crying foul. They still think some sucker is going to buy a house worth $150K at most for $650K.
I got news for them, it ain't happening. :wink:

tbroye

Happens in my neighborhood but outside investors have bought many of them and turned them into Grow Houses, there is one behind me the cops are investigating.

stonepecker

If Doug's wife would quit taking hotel Bic pens, would the housing market recover? :biggrin:

Nope, Not a chance.

Now if Doug would take one of those Bic pens and turn her a custom holder for the refill......maybe she could collect enough of those plastic holders and trade them with "By the Yard" ..... maybe even get Doug a 'rocker' for when he does his shows. No more standing in his old age. :biggrin:

Top Bottom