I lost a good friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
and companion of 14 years today. His name was Tuvok. Since he was the head of our home security, he was named for Tuvok, the Vulcan head of security on Startrek Voyager. We adopted him from the shelter about 14 years ago. At that time we were told he was about 2 years old. He had been having problems with the arthritis in his hips and was have increasing difficulty in lying down and getting up the past few weeks. He also had a tumor on his side that was very tender.
This afternoon it appears he had a stroke. LOML took him to the vet. The vet asked if we wanted to see if he would recover, but with his recent history she said no. I could see in his eyes the past few days that he was not feeling good and looked very tired.
He will be missed by his friend, Louie, a mostly welsh corgie, that adopted us about 3 years ago, and the 7 cats that also reside with us.

20051284733_tuvie1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Monty,

I'm really sorry to hear of your loss. They are a member of the family, and it's hard to see them go. He's not in pain now.

Scott.

Ron Mc

Monty,
I'm sorry to hear about your 4 legged friend. I have two dogs that are getting old and I have been considering what will happen when they pass on lately.

JimGo

Sorry to hear abou tyour loss Monty. Dogs are amazing friends, and it is very difficult to say goodbye. Like Scott said, at least he's no longer in pain.

Dario

Sorry to hear your loss Monty.

I remember him greeting me by the door when I visited. Hang on to the good memories.

M

Mudder

Sorry for your loss. Remember that you gave each other 14 wonderful years, you can keep him with you in your heart and in your head.

ashaw

Sorry to hear of your loss. We too have an older dog. Not looking for the day that we would have to put her down. They become a major part of your family. Just rememeber the happy days.

woodwish

Mannie, very sorry to hear of your loss. I have never been a dog person until my daughter's ex-boyfriend gave her a black lab for Christmas two years ago. I can not imagine what our life would be like today without the dog. No matter how bad things are in your life it always seems better after talking with your dog, they always seem to understand and never argue. Our cats make it clear they don't care when I talk to them unless I am petting or feeding them, just not the same.

I hope at some point you are fortunate enough to find a Tuvok the Second to help fill that gap in your heart. My prayers are with you and your family.

swm6500

Mannie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is so sad when you lose a good friend, regardless of how many legs they have. I do think that our four legged friends are the most loyal, therefore it is the toughest when you have to let them go. Just remember, he will be waiting for you on the other side of the bridge.

MDWine

I feel for ya Mannie.

We had "Ole Puss" for about 8 years, and he was old to begin with. I could see the love in his eyes, and he talked to me, and never left my side when I was at home. He got old and arthritic, his kidneys were failing, and I could also see in his eyes that he was tired of hanging on. I think he did so just for me. We had to put him down, too.

We'll miss our friends very much...

clewless

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I've got a herd of cats, dogs and horses currently waiting...they'll be joined by others...and me eventually.

Regards,

Joe

Doghouse

Why didn't any tell me I posted a bad link? Rainbowbridge.com is a wonderful site. There are some great people there almost every night on the chat. Tonight is the candle ceremony, it is a great time to share the joy and grief of your pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom