I just stopped in

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
How's it hanging, Chuck? We were beginning to think that you fell off the edge of the planet...:biggrin:

Quit being a stranger !! :rolleyes::tongue:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
Yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in!!

My condition isn't real good. But I just take it day to day

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What's going on Chuck?

Mike
Hey Mike! Not doing much these days. Focusing on work and Susanne. Hope you're doing well buddy.

Is there more to this story? How's the shop?
Harry, those are words in a song Kenny Rogers sang way back. Who I didn't remember until Ernie told me. I think it was Kenny Rogers and the 1st Edition. The shop is still there. Just need more wind in my sail to get out there.

How's it hanging, Chuck? We were beginning to think that you fell off the edge of the planet...:biggrin:

Quit being a stranger !! :rolleyes::tongue:
Hanging like a Pretzel Steve!:biggrin: Still visit here occasionally. See who's Foghorn is the loudest. Today, I decided to post this one. I'm glad I did. Thanks! :wink:

Yeah, yeah, oh-yeah, what condition my condition was in!!

My condition isn't real good. But I just take it day to day
You know it Ernie! Thanks for the help man. Glad you chimed in here. I'll continue keeping you in mind. Best wishes.

Last edited:

Kragax

Kenny Rodgers and the First Edition, when hes was trying to do rock. "I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole an' followed it in"

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Greetings from Ohio! Life has many curve-balls... Hope you are well.

Any chance we can entice you for a demo at the next MPG???

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Kenny Rodgers and the First Edition, when hes was trying to do rock. "I pushed my soul in a deep dark hole an' followed it in"
I watched myself crawling out as I was a-crawling in:biggrin:

Greetings from Ohio! Life has many curve-balls... Hope you are well.

Any chance we can entice you for a demo at the next MPG???
Hey Mark! Thanks for posting. Doing pretty well so far. I think we can find something to play with next MPG. I AM looking forward to it. The Buckeye guys are a great group IMO. :biggrin:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
What we should do is just turn up in your driveway Chuck. :eek:

I would bring the chips and burgers.:biggrin:
Hope you got beer.

GO Vikings!!!
That would likely be a big push :biggrin: There will be beer :wink: I have a buddy who brings me the good stuff every few months. They don't sell it in Indiana. I think I'll rent him a truck next time :biggrin:

Better hurry. Winters coming and you're not in Florida anymore.
:eek: I KNOW!!!!

Bruce, don't forget that he has that luxury studio with heating and air con. He'll be turning cool stuff when the rest of us are freezing our cahonies off....:biggrin:
It ain't a flipping STUDIO :biggrin: But it IS warm when needed and, cool when needed :wink: AND...quiet when I want:biggrin: Not so sure about turning cool stuff :redface:

Paul in OKC

At least you still popo in! I get the motivation thing. Did a demo last month thought I would get going again, and.........nuthun'. Been working on a kit less for months, and got half a turned pen on the lathe for two weeks! Oh well.

As for Kenny Rodgers and the first edition, my mom took me to see them in concert when I was a bout 10 or 12! "Something's burning..............."

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Why Yes I do, Its buried in my wife's sewing and photography equipment but we can clear a spot for him.

You just need someone to give you a push Chuck. No other turners close to you to help motivate you or make it fun again?

stonepecker

For the first time in my life, I am seriously thinking of a winter trip away from Minnesota. (I know, how can I leave 'God's country'?)
However, the bucket list isn't getting any shorter and I am not getting any younger.
I may just have to reroute my plans and stop in to see Chuck. It might be the only way to see how Chuck's Cave is comming along.
I do know that a visit would be very interesting for me. It is always a learning experience to watch a master at work.

And besides, Chuck has beer trucked in just for his friends. (I hope I am considered one.)

Last edited:

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
You just need someone to give you a push Chuck. No other turners close to you to help motivate you or make it fun again?

I'm just a stones throw south Mike. But with my health in bad shape, I haven't felt like driving up to visit. May have to wait until the snow comes :wink:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator

I'm just a stones throw south Mike. But with my health in bad shape, I haven't felt like driving up to visit. May have to wait until the snow comes :wink:

Hmnnn... Sounds like a road trip to me! Pick up some pop-tops for Chuck; swing by and pick up Ernie; swing a trade for some Kentucky Shine for my wife; head to Chuck's and meet up with Wayne... Reverse course...

What are friends for?

PM will follow.

stonepecker

Hmnnn... Sounds like a road trip to me! Pick up some pop-tops for Chuck; swing by and pick up Ernie; swing a trade for some Kentucky Shine for my wife; head to Chuck's and meet up with Wayne... Reverse course...

What are friends for?

PM will follow.

Now I am pumped. If this can work I will be there will bells on.
Biggest thing is timing with my doctors.

But I am willing. May even bring some of the Minnsota pop just for fun.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry guys! Had a birthday party for two of my 8 great grand daughters yesterday and, a trip to my uncles in Illinois today.

Wow you guys are all over me. Mikes yes...I do miss stupidvising :biggrin: Maybe have to get back to visit. I winter place to stay would be great. But, I don't make that kind of money yet. :redface:

Mark, Wayne & Ernie....the welcome mat is always out. Show up hungry and, thirsty:biggrin:

Don't worry Steve! We'll send you photos.

FYI.....Dan has scheduled Nov. 21 at the church for our chapter meeting. You're all invited as always.

Gregory, your decals are great. I had second thoughts about putting them on a cigar. I've decided to order a bolt action or one of Erics cartridge kits. Seems more appropriate for a WW II Medic. I'll post photos when it's done.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Hi Chuck,
I know how you feel, the get up and go, got up and went, no real inspiration to do anything.:confused:
Hope things get better real soon for you.
Kryn
Thanks Kryn. That pretty well sums it up. :redface:

At least you still popo in! I get the motivation thing. Did a demo last month thought I would get going again, and.........nuthun'. Been working on a kit less for months, and got half a turned pen on the lathe for two weeks! Oh well.

As for Kenny Rodgers and the first edition, my mom took me to see them in concert when I was a bout 10 or 12! "Something's burning..............."
I made an attempt at a semi-kitless pen. Screwed up on turning some parts months ago and, they are still as I left them.

I liked that song!

What are friends for?

PM will follow.
Bring it on!!! :biggrin:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Sorry guys! Had a birthday party for two of my 8 great grand daughters yesterday........

Holy smokes!!!! :eek: Don't they have TV there in Indy???:biggrin:

No wonder you aren't feelin' great.......you're all worn out!!!:tongue:

You need to spend more time in the stu... sorry, worksho....:wink: than in you know where...!!!:rolleyes:

I hope you guys enjoy your get together.:biggrin:

Top Bottom