I just picked up . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I was in the library with my daughters when I started a conversation with head librarian. While we where talking I asked him what happened to the old card catalogs that we used to use to find books.

He tells me they have 3 big oak cases in the basement that they are planning to pay someone to dispose of. My eyes light up and I offered to donate $150 to the library if I can take all three off his hands. His eyes light up and says he would have to check with the powers that be but would let me know.

This morning I get a call to come and pick them up.

I get there and find three used, but in really good shape, quarter sawn white oak card catalogs, each with 36 drawers. These suckers are beautiful and HEAVY. They are going into my shop and will great storage units for all kinds of small items.

Check with your library, there may be a few left hanging around

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtjw

Great find. Of course I am sure you dont have room for 3 so just send one down here. I will pay the shipping and help you take it off your hands!!!!

Originally posted by rtjw
<br />Great find. Of course I am sure you dont have room for 3 so just send one down here. I will pay the shipping and help you take it off your hands!!!!

I don't know Johnny, a guessimate would be these guys easily weigh in at 400+ lbs with all the drawers, shipping ain't gonna be cheap. These are all solid oak, inside and out.

I "was" thinking of stacking one on top of another. I may have to rethink that.

wayneis

Now thats perfect storage for a pen turner. blanks, kits, bushings, holy moly everything except tools. Great find, I think that I may have to take a trip to our local library.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom