I have something to be thankful for “ Do You”

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Earlier this week I told my wife that I had a headache and blurred vision the whole day. Her being a RN, took my sugar and it was only 66, she got my butt in the car and right to the ER. Got there and I didn't know where I was. Two days later I woke up in a hospital room and when asked what was going on, I was told that I was diagnosed with Acute Kinney failure. If it wasn't for my wife knowing what to do and quick action, I would not be here for Thanksgiving as the Doctor verified, had it not been for fast action on my wife's part I would not be here now. I am for ever Greatful, and Thanksgiving was given. Praise the Lord ,,

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My list is long and varied, but yes, and as I review it each night I am also grateful to realize how fortunate I am to remember to be grateful and not get caught up in my typical age-related aches and pains and chronic illnesses. It is too easy to see the cup as half-empty.

I have had many "life-lessons" that have molded my perspective, attitudes and actions going forward. I'll share just one:

About 9 years ago I was a volunteer hospice respite companion. My assignee was an 86 yr old retired Marine vet with end-stage Parkinson's Disease. As we chatted on an evening that he was lucid, he asked my why I was there as a volunteer. I replied: "I just want to help." He said he had many regrets in his life, but one was that he "could have shared what he had and helped others who could have benefitted; but now it was too late". He told me... "Don't be selfish, share if you can, as soon as you can."

I am thankful for those words of wisdom, and have tried to follow them as much as I can.

Great Thread! I love the IAP Community, and I am glad your wife and the Docs were there for you.

Beautys_Beast

In the words of Carlos Santana,

True happiness only comes from gratitude, The alternative is angry self entitlement.

Words that changed my thinking on life. I am grateful everyday. For my wife, for my career, for my health, my hobbies, my friends. I'm a pretty happy person.

Herb G

Not to sound maudlin, but I am very grateful to be a part of this online community. I have learned a lot by reading what others have shared and by trying new ways of doing things.
I am grateful to finally have cleaned up my dungeon of a basement enough to have access to my lathes again. I still have (for me, anyway) good mobility and ability to turn pens once again.
I find it mentally fulfilling to use my head for something other than a hat rack.
It has taken me years to develop the skills to look at a piece of wood or plastic & say this pen kit or that one will work well with it.
I taught myself how to turn by watching videos online. I am trying to put into practice what I have learned that works for me.

I am also thankful for having a roof over my head, food to eat, and a warm dry place to sleep. My wife & my pets are icing on the cake.
:)

Rick_G

Glad you are ok. I am thankful I still have my wife with me. Was working in the shop earlier this year and went upstairs and found her unconscious. She is diabetic and her blood sugar levels had dropped low enough the Dr. told me another 15 - 20 minutes and there would have been a good chance she would not have made it. Needless to say I no longer work in my shop 4 or 5 hours at a stretch without going upstairs even if it's just for a moment.

triw51

To quote the song...
"How can I say thanks for the things
You have done for me?
Things so undeserved yet you gave
To prove your love for me
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude
All that I am, and ever hope to be
I owe it all to thee"

I am grateful I am still alive and my shop motto is... "This far by God's grace" I Sam. 7:12

Oldfolks

Yes we all have things to be thankful for. The usual things, family, good or great health, ETC. I have all those things, or most of them anyway. I guess what I am most thankful for is the blessing that God gave me by letting me be born in this wonderful country. I am sure that our brothers and sisters abroad love their country also and they should. I do not wish to offend or disrespect anyone or other countries. These are just my feelings. I would like to wish everyone safe and blessed days this holiday season.

Jerry

SteveJ

I am so thankful for the blessings of the past year. In just the last year I've had three sons move in to well paying jobs, one son make it successfully through chemo, a grand daughter doing exceptionally well after brain surgery, a new son-in-law who treats my daughter like a queen, a fourth son accepted into the college of his choice and a wife you not just puts up with me but graciously supports me both in my profession and in my hobby. It is great to be alive!

Top Bottom