I have discovered a new worst pain

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
I've had an excruciating pain in my lower abdomen for over a week.
I feared a hernia, but there isn't a bulge.

I bent down today, and the pain was so dreadful, I almost passed out.
I made a visit to the clinic, and after an examination, I found out it definitely isn't a hernia. However, I did strain my hip flexor and it could take a few months to heal. There are three degrees of injury, and mine is apparently a grade two, the most common.

In the mean time, the only treatment is inflammation medication, stretching (which only makes it hurt worse), and ice packs. I was told not to twist at the waist, as this irritates the muscles, so I have to consciously remember to step to turn.

This is going to be a terrible few weeks to months.
I hope none of you have to ever experience a strained hip flexor.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Sounded like kidney stones when I saw the title.:eek:
I've had two bouts of that and the first one had me rolling on the floor crying like a baby. :redface: i was working out of the country and fortunately the client pick me up, dumped me in the back of his truck and carted me to the local hospital:) The doctor attacked me with a syringe normally used for horses, full of morphine.....aaaah....bliss :biggrin:
I don't think I could ever hate anyone so much as to wish that on anyone:wink:

Take it easy and I wish you a full and speedy recovery:biggrin:

Curly

Skip I've had a kidney stone before and felt your pain. I was going to click the like button but thought it would be cruel.

John I wish you a speedy recovery. Probably hurts to bend over so don't drop the bushings.

Woodchipper

John, trust you will improve with the passing of each day. My first thought was diverticulitis. My grandmother had numerous bouts with it, doubled her over with the pain.

Did they check you for appendicitis? That's also pain in the lower abdomen (usually on the right side) and pretty excruciating.... when mine got infected, I had trouble getting out of bed and when I finally did , LOML bundled me off to the ER... from there only took 12 hours before they did surgery. A little nausea will go along with it. And the surgery isn't much fun either.

JimB

I never heard of a Hip Flexor... I hope you feel better soon.

I thought when I got a Kidney Stone that would be the worst pain I would ever experience.

Then I got Shingles. The pain doesn't go away... the meds don't stop the pain... you are always in pain for days, weeks or longer. I never experience anything like it and I hope I never do again.

magpens

"Flexor" sounds like a good name for a pen !

Not trying to minimize what you are experiencing John. . Just hope it does not last as long as you seem to be expecting. . Do as you have been told to do and maybe things will move quicker. . People are thinking about you ... I hope it helps to know that.

sbwertz

I never heard of a Hip Flexor... I hope you feel better soon.

I thought when I got a Kidney Stone that would be the worst pain I would ever experience.

Then I got Shingles. The pain doesn't go away... the meds don't stop the pain... you are always in pain for days, weeks or longer. I never experience anything like it and I hope I never do again.

I worry a lot about that. Because of my rheumatoid arthritis meds (immunosuppressants) I can't take the vaccination...it is a live virus vaccination.

cozee

Crashed a motorcycle in '14. Busted me up good. Nearly 4 weeks in the hospital, and 3 1/2 months at home. Still have some lingering issues. Worst pain I ever experienced, until 2016 when I passed a gallstone which hung up and caused pancreatitis. Woo dang was that excruciating. I did pass out 4-5 before I finally got to the hospital.

Terredax

Banned
I want to thank everyone for the well wishes, it's much appreciated.

I kept an ice pack on it for six hours last night and took the recommended medications. I made it through the day without any major pain, so I'm now starting the regimen over for tonight, in hopes that the pain will be subdued again tomorrow.

It sounds like I'm fortunate to not have had some of these ailments that some of you have mentioned.

Be well, and stay well.

Top Bottom