I hate it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Snow.
We've gotten around 8" in the past 10 hours or so.
I shoveled for a little bit, but after a couple of hours, I just didn't get much done. So, I gave up. We don't need to go any place right away, so I'll get a plow out here tomorrow after it stops snowing.
I hate this white stuff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

I don't hate it, but I dislike shoveling it.
I'm sure I will be glad I bought a new snowblower back in September.

If we're in for what I think we are, it will earn it's keep around here this year. My wife was injured in a car accident in Aug. 2015.
Our shoveling days are over with. :wink:

Jim Smith

Terredax, Or... you could move south and enjoy outdoor activities like fishing or golf all year round. I grew up in New England and have been in the south since 1974. We people ask me if I'd ever move back to Boston, I tell them that if the Pilgrims had landed in Savannah instead of Plymouth Rock, Canada would have been HUGE! They would have let the French have everything north of Virginia. The winters are just too cold for way too long. That said, enjoy the wonderful weather and your white Christmas. Just a thought...

Jim Smith

Brian G

I have a few special words for the jerkwagons that like to use my driveway as a turnaroud spot, and graciously pack down the snow for me. :mad:

stonepecker

Left home on Friday......still had green in the lawn.
Very light dusting the night before.

Returned Sunday afternoon to find 5 inches of the white stuff had fallen.
Still a light snow falling.

I can live with the snow..........but they are talking a temp. drop into the basement this week.
I hate the cold.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Terredax, enjoy outdoor activities like fishing or golf all year round.
Jim Smith

It's sunny and 65 here is Las Vegas, we'll be shoveling sunshine. :)

You guys are EVIL! :alien::devil::thunder::beat-up:

I grew up in the Cleveland Snow-Belt, so adverse conditions are not really an issue for me, but I do worry about those on the roads that ARE NOT used to adverse conditions. Be Careful! Come back tomorrow to turn another pen!

I will be relocating from California to Colorado within the next year or so for work. I have already told my wife that I am leaving room in our housing budget to have the driveway and sidewalk replaced with heated version, so I don't have to shovel.

Jgrden

I love snow. Silence, white flakes floating down from heaven, Clean, white, crisp, fire glowing in fireplace, tree lit and sparkling. Cookies baking in the oven. Warm lathe, good wood, warm shop with big window to watch birds flying in and out of the oak tree. Pine trees loaded with snow dropping their heavy bundles.

Skie_M

I loved living in Alaska ....

Shoveling through 4 feet of snow to get the sidewalks cleared for Halloween ...

Shoveling through 4 feet of snow to get the sidewalks and make a maze path for the kids to go Easter egg hunting ....

It was never so easy ... you just squat down to get to child level and punch a hole into the snow ... and into the perfectly sized cavity you deposit an egg or two!

Let the pre-K kids go into the maze first, followed by the grade-schoolers (the littler ones need a head start!) Once they're all done you just wander the path yourself, to make sure they got them all!

After living in Ohio for over 30 years I hate the stuff. I went up north a few years ago to see the snow. Spent all of about 20 minutes in it & made a beeline straight for Phoenix! Pretty in pictures, but it's just not for me.

campzeke

Yeah, We will probably in some of the white stuff this weekend too.

Attachments

• BIG kite.jpg
    BIG kite.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2994.jpg
    IMG_2994.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 116
I love snow. Silence, white flakes floating down from heaven, Clean, white, crisp, fire glowing in fireplace, tree lit and sparkling. Cookies baking in the oven. Warm lathe, good wood, warm shop with big window to watch birds flying in and out of the oak tree. Pine trees loaded with snow dropping their heavy bundles.

Ahhhhhh......Could not have said it any better!

sbwertz

I wouldn't care if I NEVER saw snow again in my lifetime. Grew up in Wyoming and Colorado (with short excursions to Kansas, North Dakota, and Montana...Dad was an oilfield mechanic.) We weren't allowed to wear pants to school so we were out standing waiting for the bus in skirts in below zero weather. Had to haul water to the horses on a sled in the dark because the water lines would freeze in the winter. I was a skinny kid with no body fat...no insulation! Hated cold weather and still do. 78 degrees in Phoenix today. Lovely.

They are forecasting 78 degrees for Phoenix today.

And since that is cold weather for AZ, everyone will be pulling out their parka's.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That's what happened the year I lived in Tucson... temperature got below 80 and it was full on winter..... :cool: Being from Houston at the time, the 9% humidity was almost heaven for us.

Top Bottom