I donít care what some of you think.... - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members
Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Casual Conversation
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Casual Conversation Off-topic, general chat.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
Photos: 0

Back in the winter of '83/'84 .....the year my bride and I met...... there was one evening when the temps were -40 below zero and the wind chill was -95 below. How my Old's 98 started I will never know.
It's not "Having what you want"......it is "Wanting what you have".

"Don't go riding on that long black train."
stonepecker is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Photos: 225

It's a balmy 5 deg C here at the moment. Some black ice on local roads and gonna be icy tomorrow too as it a clear night. 4.30am start for me too!!
Attached Thumbnails
skiprat is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 11:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

Here is eastern Ontario we have been experiencing a colder than normal winter this year. Yesterday was the coldest day to date at -26C (or -15F) with the windchill the temperature dipped to about (or -49F). Our normal temperatures at this time of year is around -10įC (15F).

We have a Siberian husky that normally stays outside most of the time and even he was glad to spend some time in the house yesterday!

Wade (Zig)
zig613 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 12:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

It's all relative. On top of Mt. Washington, just north of me, wind chill was -97 night before last. Makes 1 degree sound like swimming weather.
The greatest oxymoron of all time...Common Sense.
Ambidex is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Photos: 1

Cincinnati, Ohio, January, 1982, it was minus 41 with a wind chill of minus 61. It has bee unseasonably cold here in SE TN. But it will get up into the 50s and 60s this week.
The Procrastination Club has postponed the January meeting until further notice.
Woodchipper is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Photos: 54

I still believe in global warming !!

Don't ASK ... I might lie. Don't TELL me ... Iíll forget. But if you SHOW me I might remember; and if you INVOLVE me Iíll probably get it.

magpens is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member Liaison
Photos: 46

Originally Posted by magpens View Post
I still believe in global warming !!
I do too, as soon as I turn the heat up - all over the house! That is global enough for me. Being this far south, we had a week of under freezing for the high.

Back in the summer of '93, we moved to a suburb of Osaka. About that time, a Minnesotan and his Japanese wife moved from Minneapolis and in with her parents in our neighborhood. We quickly became very good friends. He talked about the REAL cold that Minnesota was used to having. Even in the fall when the temps dropped down into the lower 50's he would wear short sleeves.

(Bare in mind that he was living in his in-laws house and they don't heat their houses in the winter very much but rather pull up to a table that has a heater under it.) That area of East Osaka generally had temps of upper 20's (F) to upper 30's for days at a time in Jan-Feb.

He called me one day and asked if he could come and visit. (We kept our house downstairs at about 70į.) I said yes, come on over! He showed up a few minutes later and after a cup of coffee, he said: "It is COLD here (Ikoma, Osaka suburb). That house I live in is COLD." I said: "Its only about 30į (F) outside! Why are you so cold?!!!" He quickly said, "THIS cold is different from Minneapolis Cold!"

Then I said, "That is the difference between a HUMID cold and a DRY cold." He said he learned his lesson!

Today, it is in the lower 40's outside and humid here in N Mississippi. That humid cold is more shivering than the 10į we had last week!
Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Last edited by leehljp; 01-07-2018 at 02:12 PM.
leehljp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Photos: 1

Found it very hard to get any sleep last night, relative summer temps here in Australia are high, fortunately the winters are bearable with heavy frosts.

Penpal Nil Desperandum
PenPal is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 04:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

It's mild here in Denver, however, my wife likes it cold enough in the house to hang beef. Thermostat at 65 daytime 50 nights.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. Romans 1:16
Rockytime is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 01-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Photos: 92

A warm 72 degrees here. What does the negative sign mean in front of some of your temperatures? Stay warm!
Seth, a 17-year-old learning from the experts.

I Corinthians 10:31
Rolandranch is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads