I did a TV Interview today!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Here is the link to the video to today's Interview on ABC NewsChannel 8 WJLA "Let's Talk Live" tv show in Washington DC

The Sugarloaf Crafts Festival | News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | WJLA

Since I am a local artisan at the show this weekend, public relations for Sugarloaf Craft Festivals reached out to me for an interview on Live TV. This was an amazing opportunity, and I would be crazy if I said I was not a little nervous. This was a lot of fun, and I would love for all of you to take a look at the weblink if you have time for a 6 min video.

There are at least 5 things I wanted to say but forgot and ran out of time to do.

1. Say hello to my wife and son
  2. Shout out to IAP for sparking my continued interest in pen making
  3. shameless plug supporting the Freedom Pen Project
  4. one my tag lines
  5. vintage woods with historical and/or special significance
I am sure there are more, but I can't think of them at the moment. The show was a lot of fun even though I was nervous like crazy for the whole wild ride.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

LOL! When I started the video, it had an advertisement for a heating & air company called Michael & Son's. I wasn't paying particular attention, and then thought "What is this doing on IAP?" If it didn't have your name at the bottom of the video window, I wouldn't have been fooled.:rolleyes:

Then the ad finished, and I had a SLAP MY FOREHEAD moment. :redface:

But that was a very nice AD for you. I hope you get lots of sales from it.

Pretty cool... I think you came off a little more sophisticated than I did when WATE in Knoxville did a segment called Made in Tennessee and came out to my shop to interview me and show me doing some work. All said and done, I thought I came off as a little dorky in the segment. Did have a number of people at my booth the week after it ran that said they'd seen me on TV.

JimB

You did a great job! I would have been very, very nervous. You looked like you do it all the time. I'm sure you will get many people at the festival who tell you they saw the interview.

thepenfriend

Congratulations! Very nice news segment...looked like you've done this before? Wish you the best on sales! You have some very nice looking inventory there!

Hawkdave

G'Day Michael.... You did a great interview and I think there was just enough content to whet peoples appetite. Any more information in the short time you had, would have been too much.
So, you didn't miss anything out, you just made an executive decision to leave some of it out.:biggrin:

Well done!!

Dave.

Rockytime

Congratulations on the interview. Unfortunately after clicking on the web address a photo of a pen appeared, albeit a very nice pen, I could not access the video. Would really liked to have seen the video but congratulations again and I wish you a really good and successful show.

Crashmph

Congratulations on the interview. Unfortunately after clicking on the web address a photo of a pen appeared, albeit a very nice pen, I could not access the video. Would really liked to have seen the video but congratulations again and I wish you a really good and successful show.

Odd... What browser are you using?

Top Bottom