I am gonna be a dad again

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edicehouse

Okay that is misleading, but for the last several months we have been going to a pet shop, where they have birds out that you can pick up and play with.

Kelly, who at the time was afraid of birds started migrating (bad pun) in to them some, and soon fell in love with the Hahn's Macaws. Well they sold the couple they had, and we found out a couple weeks ago that they had some babies in. It got to the point where this one was the only one left. Now we have to wait 6 to 8 weeks until it is weaned and off baby food.

We live over an hour from the petshop (without traffic)

Attachments

• 20160919_133332.jpg
    20160919_133332.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 219
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Okay that is misleading, but for the last several months we have been going to a pet shop, where they have birds out that you can pick up and play with.

Kelly, who at the time was afraid of birds started migrating (bad pun) in to them some, and soon fell in love with the Hahn's Macaws. Well they sold the couple they had, and we found out a couple weeks ago that they had some babies in. It got to the point where this one was the only one left. Now we have to wait 6 to 8 weeks until it is weaned and off baby food.

We live over an hour from the petshop (without traffic)

So Ed,.....You really thought this one through!....unbeknownst to your wife, your ultimate goal is to harvest your own feathers for casting feather pen blanks!:biggrin:

edicehouse

Well I had "decided" we were not going to get one, and the wife "decided" I was wrong. Yes we know that it will outlive us. My daughters do not know we are getting it. They currently believe someone else bought it.

Sappheiros

I'm not sure how I feel about the birds being free to pick up and play with... but I am sure (hope) they go about it in the right manner! Parrots are near and dear to my heart. A time ago, I had dreams of becoming an avian vet. Social work/penturner seems to be the right way to go for me, though.

Cheers for the dad!

edicehouse

I'm not sure how I feel about the birds being free to pick up and play with... but I am sure (hope) they go about it in the right manner! Parrots are near and dear to my heart. A time ago, I had dreams of becoming an avian vet. Social work/penturner seems to be the right way to go for me, though.

Cheers for the dad!

They always seem to have a large number of workers there to keep an eye on things.

PenPal

Who could resist such a lovely orphan.

I am reminded of my Dad in his 80,s ripped out all 39 fruit trees he had. He dug huge holes introduced new trees.

My sister lived next door and remarked what a waste of time.

Well they grew fast and well in a few years yielding branch breaking fruit, Dad lived to 92 enjoying the fruits of his labour.

We have two cats and two dogs I am 82 yrs cats and birds are a real risk so I discontinued long ago with Aussie native Parrots of all kinds. Our previous 9 cats were together until they passed over time we enjoyed them so much from kittens up the last one passed early this yr at 19 yrs. Our new two are two yrs now.

Good luck with the new member of the family.

Peter.

edicehouse

Birds have interesting personalities. My daughter has a cockatiel and he likes the women in the family, but not my son or me :). She had a parakeet before this one. He liked me.

Last night we had a concert to go to (in a house for about 40 people) and stopped in to visit with Letty before we went. They figure it will be 7 or 8 weeks until Letty is ready to go home with us. Well the bird was on Kelly (my wife) shoulder, and I stood real close, and Letty walked over to get on mine, and of course I had to rub it in.

edicehouse

My wife, daughters and Mother In Law went Sunday to see Letty. My wife texts me that Letty crapped on her mother, and I told her "That's a good bird". I sorta wish I was there to have seen it... JUST kidding (sorta)

Top Bottom