Hurricane

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dpstudios

I agree with Chuck, he just beat me to the punch. Please be safe. If you have the means to evacuate , do so.
I made the mistake of riding out Katrina here in NO. I think I still have the will I wrote out that day around somewhere.

magpens

Sure thinking about all you guys and gals on the East Coast.

Just can't imagine what it is like to face that kind of weather.

Please do whatever it takes to stay safe.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
I agree with Chuck, he just beat me to the punch. Please be safe. If you have the means to evacuate , do so.
I made the mistake of riding out Katrina here in NO. I think I still have the will I wrote out that day around somewhere.

Got a cousin in Pensacola. He stayed home for 1 hurricane. He swears he will never do that again.

WriteON

Got a cousin in Pensacola. He stayed home for 1 hurricane. He swears he will never do that again.

I know 2 people that braved a hurricane. They said they were terrified. Never again is right. Not the time to be a hard head. I cannot imagine being on a rooftop waving a white towel.

MRDucks2

My brother had sat through 5 hurricanes in his life, the last being Ivan when in Pensacola. He went to the Nursing Home his wife worked at to help out there. Afterwards, he said he wasn't sure if it was because Ivan was bigger or he was older, but he was done with sitting through hurricanes because he had never been that scared in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Woodchipper

Evacuate before the order is given. There was one guy who refused to leave when Mount St. Helens erupted in Washington state. Archeologists will find him in the same situation they found people in Pompeii, Italy.

dpstudios

Not to be morbid or anything, but for those hard-heads in the evacuation zones planning on riding this one out I have a bit of advise for you. Write your name and SS# on your arm so when the first responders find your body they know who you were.
Just my $.02

WriteON

My wife's aunt was evacuated from Wilmington. She was picked up by an airport limo and driven to her daughters house a great distance away. If she has nothing to back to we will do everything necessary to get her situated and comfortable again. We have to serve as a safety net to friends, family and people in need after these storms. I have plenty of cloth to donate.

This one looks like a real killer coming into the East Coast. I sat through tropical storm Allison trapped in my office until almost midnight, then in an attempt to get home to the wife, trapped again in a funeral home on the way home for almost a full day before a nephew with a dually was able to get close enough that I could wade out... my car sat in the funeral home parking lot for 3 days... I also rode out Katrina in Houston as well as Rita a couple of months later.... we moved to Tennessee the week after Rita... also sat through Typhoon Karen on Guam in 1961... last measured windspeed for Karen was 206 mph, just before the wind machine blew away... (official wind speed was some what lower, but the 206 was from a navy weather man taking a reading at ComNavMar, just outside the admirals office....

Don't play with Mother Nature -- you can't win.... if you can get out, go!

Top Bottom