humidor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the recent "True Cigar Pen" thread and seeing more cigar smokers on here than I thought - I was just wondering if anyone here had attempted to make a humidor and what the results were.

I have some BEAUTIFUL pieces of curly maple and an old Barn on our farm that has fallen down. I cut one piece on my dad's bandsaw (excellent Laguna 16HD, for the record) and the rays in it are AWESOME. I have been considering using either of these woods to make a humidor.

Thoughts?
Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rtparso

I have not yet built a humidor. I am using a couple humidors and aa ammo box toe store my smokes. Several things have stopped me from building my own humidor. There are some nice humidors for cheep. The best humidor is an igloo cooler. That said I would love to build a nice one. I have a bunch of links to site about building humidors. Basically they are a box unfinished on the inside. The best are made veneered wood due to the humidity. Line the box with Spanish cedar and use the SC to create a good seal. If you want some links e-mail me.

PenWorks

The best humidor bar none....is tupperware. I keep all my cigars in them. I store my matches and cutters and other stuff in the humidors [:D]

rtparso

As a note, I was just searching and Rockler has the Spanish Cedar veneer.
1/4" is beter. You will see when you look at how the humitor is assembled. BTW that is tuppitor.

As I have said before if only my hair aged as well as my cigars. (I have a couple of pre-embargo cigars, almost as old as I am)

vick

i have not done it but I found this a while ago when I was into making boxes.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/011127044.asp

Back then it was actually a free project plan they had on the web, it is a good article.

Rudy Vey

I have made a few and given them away as a present and one I made for a colleague just for the cost. As someone said in an earlier post, one can buy so cheap humidors, I could not buy the hardware nor the wood for this price. But, I know there are humidors out there they cost in the four digit range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom