How much snakeskin is useful?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

angboy

I have a friend who had a run-in with a copperhead and chopped him up and disposed of the body. When I told him that I knew people who would have made it into a pen, he said to let him know if I wanted him to save any future snake skins of any type that he might find. Even said he could skin them, since I commented that mailing a dead snake to someone might be hard to do and I didn't want to ask him to skin it. So I'm wondering if anyone on here would be interested in snake skins to cast for pens if he encounters anymore? I know it's not something I want to do myself, I'd much rather let someone else do it and buy an already cast blank, which is what I've done in the past. But let me know if anyone could use those, and what type of snake skins are coveted, and also how large of pieces are needed to be useful?

Craftdiggity

I'd be interested in Copperheads, Rattlers...pretty much anything you got that has a distinct pattern. I would love to get a coral snake skin, but they don't come up all that often. You only need enough to wrap around a tube. Three inches wide is usually safe.

Last edited:
Top Bottom