How many?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

I was talking with TonyL in Georgia and requested maybe a more southeastern 'MAPG' for all of us in South Florida as well.

I know there is a Woodcraft of Orlando in Central Florida and thought maybe we could do it there.

Just to get a ballpark idea, how many of you would attend a 'SEPG' (Southeastern Penturners Gathering) in Orlando if I try to take on this endeavor? Of course with a little help from my friends :)

Also trying to get an idea of how many penturners in Florida as well..??...

Thanks guys :)

Michelle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ladycop322

Just to make things clear, I have not contacted Woodcraft in Orlando. I will do so if I can determine who will attend.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I would be there
Ft Myers Fl.

Would you do it during Season or in the Fall months? possibly Oct?

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Don't forget there are many penturners who are not IAP members. Advertise at your local Woodcraft and you'll get a larger crowd. You will be surprised how many will come.

MarkD

What time of year are you thinking? It could be a nice get away from a Pennsylvania winter! :)

TonyL

Orlando appears to be a more centralized location and I can't do this myself.
I am not going to pursue a North GA pen gathering and hopefully support Michelle with a possible gathering in Orlando. I will post the same in the thread that I started. Good idea Michelle..it's about making it easy for many to attend!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
All though Jacksonville would work it does not have all the other attractions available like Orlando. People could plan a vacation around the rest of the week for their family with all the amusement parks etc. If you hold it during the winter months it would appeal to those in colder climates but prices are at a premium for hotels etc.
It might be that someone will have to just pick a town and a time and go for it. Atlanta wouldnt be bad late summer/fall. It might be easier to get people to attend one there rather than Florida.
Why not post a poll and see if there is a strong indicator either way?

TonyL

If I were retired or really liked taking the lead on organizing events, I would continue to pursue the N. GA. for selfish and selfless reasons. As I stated above, I would really need help. It's a big country, we not only need attendance, we need folks who find it fun to organize. I don't want this to be an imposition on anyone. All is good on this side of the clay :).

TonyL

I actually met with one of three shop owners. She asked me some excellent questions for which I have been too lazy to ask the MAPG person. I better stick to my "knitting" (which is nor organizing things :) ).

LanceD

When are you looking to do this. I'll be in Orlando in July. Would love to make it if it'll be on the same weekend that ill be there.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Depending on dates and responsibilities (I have one or two left...). I would love to get some sun... and I can bring the IAP Collection...

Good Luck! (We in Ohio are working on assisting Bob Jackson with next year's MPG, so we are in the same boat - very feasible, just a bit of planning and a nice committee).

Go for It!

Top Bottom