How to kill a thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

H2O

I've been observing,

and I've discovered there is a common element to end a thread quickly.

Remember...there is only one correct answer.
Can you get it?
I suspect you expect a prize or something...no prize, other than the warm fuzzy feeling you will get for a correct answer.

Discuss.....:party::drink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Not sure at all what this is about. :confused: But every thread ends in different ways and I am sure this one will be no exception.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I think there are several ways to kill a thread.

Some I've seen include, but not limited to:
1. Honesty in the replies
2. The original post is more like an ad.
3. Poor or no manners by the poster.
4. 'Check the Library' replies.
5. 'Write a Tutorial for me....now' replies.
6. Narcissism
7. Bad photos
8. Poor workmanship
9. 'My way is the right way' threads.

........etc etc...

But....the correct way to end a thread is with a slight taper, so they engage smoothly....:biggrin:

rockb

Use the little yellow triangle thingy and ask Jeff to end it..works every time....that is if it's your own thread.....if not...umm...never mind.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Use the little yellow triangle thingy and ask Jeff to end it..works every time....that is if it's your own thread.....if not...umm...never mind.

Actually the triangle is a good tip, but no guarantee of closing a thread. If no rules are broken, the thread will often be allowed to continue even if the OP requests a close.

PapaTim

Everyone stop responding.

Just to be clear, that's not a command, it's my answer to the OP.

Last edited:

H2O

Almost all threads die when the original poster does not participate in the discussion.

I don't need to participate, I already know.
There have been some good answers though, but I think Skiprat's has been the best. He makes some very valid points.

jttheclockman

I don't get it. You were the one that started this. You said there is only one answer. So what is it that YOU think is the answer???

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Don't feed the troll!

internet troll - Google Search

Keep in mind Dan freely indicates in his signature line... "Non-Participant Observer." And to post threads in this manner is entirely his right, but the purpose is to "stir the pot" and watch it bubble.

Back to learning how to make consistent brick segments (much more interesting), and getting closer.

Last edited:

H2O

Don't feed the troll!

Keep in mind Dan freely indicates in his signature line... "Non-Participant Observer." And to post threads in this manner is entirely his right, but the purpose is to "stir the pot" and watch it bubble.

Back to learning how to make consistent brick segments (much more interesting), and getting closer.

Oh! Just realized the troll is back, Must have got banned from other sites.

Don't be upset, just because you haven't a clue.
I guess you don't like there is no prize.
It's just a question, if you don't like me or my thread, continue on down the road. No one forced you to click in here.

And as both my signature and the OP states, I observed, then I participated, and now I'm observing again. People like you two, make it so others prefer not to participate.

Go...

jttheclockman

Don't feed the troll!

Oh got it now. Yes TROLL with a capital T. Just read his signature line (don't usually read any signature lines because they are usually nothing but advertisement) and it tells the entire story. Remember the thread very well now. Gary nailed it back then. Thanks Mark. You were the one who was very observant. Good job.

Now to your project. Which has to be a whole lot more interesting than this BS. How about a little insight what is going on. Some photos would be nice. How are we cutting the segments??? What new toys are we using??? Show us please. :):):)

Last edited:

H2O

Gary nailed it back then.

The point to the quote in my signature is because Gary didn't "nail" anything.
It's amusing when people think they know, what they don't know.:rolleyes:

If you don't want to be in this thread, the door is that way>>>>>.

jttheclockman

Gary nailed it back then.

The point to the quote in my signature is because Gary didn't "nail" anything.
It's amusing when people think they know, what they don't know.:rolleyes:

If you don't want to be in this thread, the door is that way>>>>>.

You got what you wanted.

Here is the thread for all to read. You were hiding behind the MR anonymous name and you were outed. Then you added your name. Here is how to end a thread. Add this to your list.

www.penturners.org/forum/f18/woo-hoo-136180/

shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

H2O

You got what you wanted.

Here is the thread for all to read. You were hiding behind the MR anonymous name and you were outed. Then you added your name. Here how to end a thread. Add this to your list.

www.penturners.org/forum/f18/woo-hoo-136180/

Another one that thinks they know what they don't know. I'm not and wasn't hiding, I had my name in my profile, until the great members got rude (similar to these wonderful comments). Oh, you can't remember that either. My name isn't Dan Sleeth in case you don't get irony. I fixed my sig, just so you are no longer confused.

It's not a list...only one correct answer. Forget? See OP.

Another observation... your club members or followers, whatever you consider yourselves, seem to be vanishing. Check your link.

Now, if anyone can get the one correct answer to the question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom