How do you spend your shop time?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Shop time.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Finding the tool or second half of prepped blank that I lost two weeks ago :).

Seriously: sanding and polishing - which I don't enjoy.
Then turning.
Then cleaning.
Then sharpening.

Cwalker935

For me the red section would be divided in two parts- time looking for something that is under something else and time looking for something that is right in front of me. I sometimes think that I am losing my mind.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The pie chart needs a section for time spent looking for the pencil that I just put behind my ear.

Or the goggles that are hanging from your neck...

Or the gouge that is in your right hand...

Or the...

Great thread... The comments are all too familiar. :eek:

Tom T

Yes for sure. Great chart. I also walk around the shop saying, what am I here after. I usually remember two projects later and go back to working on the first one. And which IAP mug was I drinking from today. The one over hear or the one over there. What's ever in both is cold.

flyitfast

can the Red go beyond 100%

Actually, the whole chart is pretty accurate.

Sometimes, I just go out and sit and enjoy the shop smells - or even the fresh air coming in the shop door.

gordon

Last edited:

MarkD

I need another large section labeled "Where did I lay that tool that I just spent 20 minutes looking for".

Yes for sure. Great chart. I also walk around the shop saying, what am I here after. I usually remember two projects later and go back to working on the first one. And which IAP mug was I drinking from today. The one over hear or the one over there. What's ever in both is cold.

In my shop it would have sawdust and/or bugs floating in it... or both.

I have to keep wasp traps in my shop and the laughter as they fly by is getting to be annoying. :biggrin:

KBs Pensnmore

I worked in a place for about a year, every time I went through this particular doorway, there was a horrible stench like sour milk. We couldn't work out what it was or where it was. There is a shelf above the door with, what was a half cup of coffee, that had been there about 8 months prior. The boss was about 6' 8" tall, the only one tall enough to put it up there, his comment "I wondered where that mug got too"
Kryn

Top Bottom