How about an Oklahoma Bubbasville!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DSallee

Hey Roy... we are still planning on coming... GREAT thing is... my wife lost her job Friday 8-1-08 (as I mentioned in an earlier post) and the following Tuesday 8-5-08 she had a phone call at 10pm on her cell phone from a district manager of another company that heard she got let go from her job and BEGGED her to come to work for them... She went in Wed 8-6-08 morning to fill out the application, new hire papers AND started that SAME DAY!!

Dave

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Looking forward to meeting you and the wife and as my dear old mom used to say "everything happens for the best", I bet its a better job.
Hey Roy... we are still planning on coming... GREAT thing is... my wife lost her job Friday 8-1-08 (as I mentioned in an earlier post) and the following Tuesday 8-5-08 she had a phone call at 10pm on her cell phone from a district manager of another company that heard she got let go from her job and BEGGED her to come to work for them... She went in Wed 8-6-08 morning to fill out the application, new hire papers AND started that SAME DAY!!

Dave

OKLAHOMAN

Only 30 days left until the Oklahoma get together!!!! I will be e-mailing all directions in about 3 weeks.

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Roy,
Unless my plans get changed for me I plan to be present for your get together. I can drive it in 5 hours if I don't stop very much.:)

Might have someone with me but I'll let you know about that when I know for sure. Looking forward to it.

OKLAHOMAN

One more bump! Guys we only have 17 days until the get together so if your still thinking of coming PM or e-mail me and I'll get directions to you. BTW we will have plenty of burgers, hot dogs, potato salad and cold drinks if you have any special dietary needs let us know.

angelofdeath

how often do you guys get together? I would really like to get in on one...that is if no one cares, but this time I am not around to possibly enjoy in the festivities. Instead I am across the pond in a wonderful sandy place. ;) I want to know how often, when, where, and how I get in on one of what looks like a great get together.

OKLAHOMAN

I think I sent all directions to my house who have indicated that they will join us. If I missed anyone please PM or email me, also LMK if your coming (want to make sure we have plenty of food for all)

cowchaser

Roy, send me the directions to your house again. I am now scheduled to be off that weekend and might make it. Of course the schedule may change again. Also don't know yet what they are going to do about my aneurysm, so it might be totally out of the question, but never know.

OKLAHOMAN

Dustin, directions were emailed to you,:bananen_smilies068: it must be hell you've only been here twice
Roy, send me the directions to your house again. I am now scheduled to be off that weekend and might make it. Of course the schedule may change again. Also don't know yet what they are going to do about my aneurysm, so it might be totally out of the question, but never know.

OKLAHOMAN

Just got an e-mail from Txbob better know as Bob Swartzendruber and he will be at our little get-together and has promised to give a demo on using a skew so to all who are skew challenged as I am our lucky day and I just might do some casting...........

les-smith

We may just do "dueling snake skins" or have a "cactus casting"... I'm planning on attending at the moment if nothing else changes my plans.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

If ya'll want to do some casting I've got a quart of Alumilite I can bring. It isn't much, but it's all I've got. I'd love to see the pros do some casting.

OKLAHOMAN

Les, Both Don and I are PR users and I've got 3 gals. of PR. Don is the master snake caster and taught me most of what I know about casting. I will cast both some cactus and snake so all come see the teacher and his student, it should be fun.
If ya'll want to do some casting I've got a quart of Alumilite I can bring. It isn't much, but it's all I've got. I'd love to see the pros do some casting.

les-smith

I think I'm getting antsy. Roy, what time are you planning for all this to go on? Also, please e-mail me with anything I can bring to help.

OKLAHOMAN

Les and all others who are coming, arrive anytime after 9 AM and leave when we all get tired of each other. Lunch will be grilled hamburgers , hot dogs, potato salad and Tortilla wraps. Might want to bring any special drink as we will have some Iced tea and cokes.

Paul in OKC

how often do you guys get together? I would really like to get in on one...that is if no one cares, but this time I am not around to possibly enjoy in the festivities. Instead I am across the pond in a wonderful sandy place. ;) I want to know how often, when, where, and how I get in on one of what looks like a great get together.

Where abouts are you? My oldest son is in Qatar at the moment. He is scheduled to leave there on the 22nd of this month. Definately look us up when you return home. Thank you for your service.

Paul in OKC

Roy,

I'm really new to turning and would love to meet other folks from OK who do this as well. I've got the date saved in my calendar and will be attending w/my wife and 1 year old daughter. Please let me know if we can bring anything to lighten your workload.

Joe

Looking forward to meeting you and you family, Joe. Where abouts in the city do you live?

MuddyWater

Wish that I could be at this gathering, it sounds like it would be both fun and educational. However, I have to be out of town this weekend for work. Hopefully, there will be other events and we could look at forming a Oklahoma IAP so there would be an excuse for gettign together. Especially as I am just up the road from you in Tulsa.

les-smith

Hey Roy,
Slow down, stop cleaning, your only human. If your as excited as me, I'm sure you're out in the shop cleaning like crazy trying to make everything look good. Anybody that makes as many pens as you has to have a lot cleaning to do. Just felt like I needed to share that with you. :)

I sure am looking forward to the Oklahoma Bubbasville. Might be hard to sleep tonight.

OKLAHOMAN

Les, the shop is as clean as its going to get:at-wits-end:, right now I'm wrapping tubes with snake and lizard skins for you guys to cast. I'll prep some cactus also so don't think you all are going to sit on your duffs:wink: all day I'm putting you to work:biggrin:. Damn I've waited a long time to get some help in my shop:bananen_smilies051:.:rolleyes:
Hey Roy,
Slow down, stop cleaning, your only human. If your as excited as me, I'm sure you're out in the shop cleaning like crazy trying to make everything look good. Anybody that makes as many pens as you has to have a lot cleaning to do. Just felt like I needed to share that with you. :)

I sure am looking forward to the Oklahoma Bubbasville. Might be hard to sleep tonight.

les-smith

don't think you all are going to sit on your duffs:wink: all day I'm putting you to work:biggrin:. Damn I've waited a long time to get some help in my shop:bananen_smilies051:.:rolleyes:

Be careful, your liable to get me hooked to the point that I end up driving to Shawnee on the weekends.:)

Top Bottom