How about an Oklahoma Bubbasville!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

I think I sent all directions to my house who have indicated that they will join us. If I missed anyone please PM or email me, also LMK if your coming (want to make sure we have plenty of food for all) .

This is one of the most amazing communities on the net, I've made friends that are like family to me that I've never seen. With the passing of Eagle it dawned on me that with-in a 2 hour drive I've got a family of friends that I never met and I don't want to miss the opportunity to meet, share stories, and enjoy each others company. So I'm inviting any member and their family that can get to beautiful Shawnee, Oklahoma to spend a day just sitting around and enjoying life in general. My shop is small but I have 2 lathes that anyone that wants can use and a large enough supply of blanks to make lots of dust. I'm thinking any week-end in Aug or Sept. except Aug 2nd-3rd and 30th-31st. You can respond here or PM me with dates that are good for you.....Then I'll determine the best date.

Last edited:

Dario

Roy,

If you want to meet a lot of IAP members...maybe join one of those held in Dallas? It is quite a trip from you but looking at the members map, there is a good concentration of members there.

Who knows, I might even join you if the dates work out with my schedule ;)

Just a thought.

Paul in OKC

A couple of us Okies have talked about hitting one of those south of the border meetings, and I'm sure we will at some point. I think the one thing this will help do is we can get a count of the cavalry we'll be able to invade with:D. I'm looking forward to this one, Roy. Be nice to gather those of us that are in the close vicinity together. Maybe I can get a couple of the old original 'Mantown' guys to come with me.

Nolan

Originally posted by OKLAHOMAN

This is one of the most amazing communities on the net, I've made friends that are like family to me that I've never seen. With the passing of Eagle it dawned on me that with-in a 2 hour drive I've got a family of friends that I never met and I don't want to miss the opportunity to meet, share stories, and enjoy each others company. So I'm inviting any member and their family that can get to beautiful Shawnee, Oklahoma to spend a day just sitting around and enjoying life in general. My shop is small but I have 2 lathes that anyone that wants can use and a large enough supply of blanks to make lots of dust. I'm thinking any week-end in Aug or Sept. except Aug 2nd-3rd and 30th-31st. You can respond here or PM me with dates that are good for you.....Then I'll determine the best date.

Will you pick me up at Shawnee Regional (SNL) if I fly in??

OKLAHOMAN

Nolan, you betchem buckwheat!!!!!
Originally posted by n4631x

Nolan

Nolan, you betchem buckwheat!!!!!
Originally posted by n4631x

OK let me see if I can move stuff around and make it happen, I dont know if I can as I have actually picked up a fair amount of work recently:D

Nolan

Originally posted by woodman928

Hey Nolan I'll pick you up at SGF if you want to fly in for the South West Missouri meet in august its only about an hour further east in a mooney. ;)
Jay

Well I might have to clear the whole month out and just go do pen stuff.:D Now if I just didnt have those bills and get so hungry 3 times a day I could quite working and have some fun!!

workinforwood

Last weekend in August works for me Roy. I'm only 2 hrs away by plane, just mail me a ticket and be sure it's for a round trip! I'll bring the drinks, but they'll all be in 2 ounce bottles and I can't supply a cork screw if that would be needed...security issues.

OKLAHOMAN

Jeff, the only airline I can get you on is Jim's Sashdoor and </u>Airline Company</u> and they say you won't need a cork screw as all the drinks are in gallon jugs and you have to bring your own folding chair or sit on the floor.
Originally posted by workinforwood

Last weekend in August works for me Roy. I'm only 2 hrs away by plane, just mail me a ticket and be sure it's for a round trip! I'll bring the drinks, but they'll all be in 2 ounce bottles and I can't supply a cork screw if that would be needed...security issues.

OKLAHOMAN

Don you old snake charmer we give one day visas to to those south of the RED. It is looking more like the next to last week-end in Sept., that would be Sept. 20th.
Originally posted by its_virgil

Are "Texan Bubbas" allowed to cross over the Red? I could attend unless it is the last weekend in Sept.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

les-smith

Don you old snake charmer we give one day visas to to those south of the RED. It is looking more like the next to last week-end in Sept., that would be Sept. 20th.

I think it would be a great idea. That weekend sounds good to me.

OKLAHOMAN

That's also my birthday week-end, and not one single word about life in the 40's:D[}:)];)
Originally posted by les-smith

I think it would be a great idea. That weekend sounds good to me.

OKLAHOMAN

We are official the Oklahoma Bubbasville will be held on Sept. 20th at Shawnee Ok... Grilled Hamburgers,Hot Dogs and Diane's famous Potato salad. Please post here if you can make it and also PM me. I will keep bumping this until the week or so before. Remember this is for the whole family so bring your wives, husbands,lovers (please not both) and children.

OKLAHOMAN

Geesh, Now I'm going to have to hold a raffle for door prizes. I recived This e-mail from Lou :

Roy -

I will send out a fountain pen trial package for you to use as a door
prize for Bobbasville OK. (5 small SF nibs, one of each size vacuum
converters and a package of Private Reserve cartridges)

Kind regards,

Lou

I will be contacting other vendors for some small donations for door prizes.
I thank you Lou,
Thats what I meant about the members here.

les-smith

Oh man, I'm so there. Plus Roy, my wife is allready getting excited about shopping at the mall. Don't they have a big carousel inside the mall?

DSallee

hey Roy... just talked to the wife (Dee) and she's all for a visit.. got it marked on the calendar... is there anything you need us to bring to help out?? ....sounds like it gonna be fun!

Dave & Dee

OKLAHOMAN

Dustin whats more important, your job which pays the mortgage,car payment, food or spending the day with us... now get your priorities in line.
Originally posted by cowchaser

Well it looks like I will be working that weekend unless my boss changes the schedule again. He already has changed it 8 times this years so it's possible.

OKLAHOMAN

This is just a freindly reminder

for our get together here in beautiful Shawnee, Ok. on Sept 20th. We will have door prizes, burgers,hot dogs, potato salad, etc. The shop has 2 lathes and is somewhat air conditioned:D. Children and spouses most welcome! You can PM me here on the site. I will be sending out maps as the time gets closer.

DSallee

Roy,
Thinking about it. It's only about 5 hours. I'll let you know for sure a bit later.

Hey Freddie...

We are thinking of going too so we can meet some of our neighbors in OK... might have to leave home a little early though so we can stop in Woodcraft for a visit on the way... :rotfl:

Dave

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Hey Freddie...

We are thinking of going too so we can meet some of our neighbors in OK... might have to leave home a little early though so we can stop in Woodcraft for a visit on the way... :rotfl:

Dave

LOL Dave, You're not going to have any money left after buying all the stuff we will have at the SW Missouri picnic. See you in a couple of weeks and then again in September hopefully.:biggrin:

DSallee

LOL Dave, You're not going to have any money left after buying all the stuff we will have at the SW Missouri picnic. See you in a couple of weeks and then again in September hopefully.:biggrin:

Money? Who needs money ..... Anyone want a cat for some pen blanks?? LOL J/K

On a serious note... the wife lost her job Monday (long story..:frown:) so it's gonna be close but we should be ok to make it ....

See ya in a few weeks Freddie

Dave

JDenney

I'm in

Roy,

I'm really new to turning and would love to meet other folks from OK who do this as well. I've got the date saved in my calendar and will be attending w/my wife and 1 year old daughter. Please let me know if we can bring anything to lighten your workload.

Joe

OKLAHOMAN

Joe we got ya covered just bring your wife & one year old daughter Oh! by the way you might want to bring diapers I think we ran out some 35 years ago:wink::wink:.

Roy,

I'm really new to turning and would love to meet other folks from OK who do this as well. I've got the date saved in my calendar and will be attending w/my wife and 1 year old daughter. Please let me know if we can bring anything to lighten your workload.

Joe

Top Bottom