Hot wax + turning = seal

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoSpin

Recently ran across some really cool colored wax sticks that can be used in a standard hot-glue gun. And then the challenge was to make some unique wax seals. After seeing Anthony's post today of his super looking seal, I had to make some myself…yeah, I’m a copycat.

These two are my first, in stabilized Buckeye burl and Osage. The “seal†on the right is actually a 1†wide pewter Celtic coat button and the one on the left is a 1†Texas star concho, normally used in leatherwork. Hope you like them…comments and critiques are welcomed.
WaxSeals_1.jpg

Happy holidays!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

Ed,

Great idea for the stamps, love the idea of the handles and just using buttons. My wife likes to use wax seals on hand deliverd stuff but last year when we used wax seals on our Christmas Cards the post office refused to handle them. Claimed it jammed their automatic sorters so we had to scrap off all the wax while standing in the post office lobby. Merry Christmas, even to the grinchs at the local USPS [:(!]

PenWorks

WOW Ed, Design....Fabrication....Production...in one afternoon !!
That use to be the American Way, seems we off shore that stuff now.

Reaaly cool, I am surprised how good the buttons worked as stamps. That sure does
lower the cost of making the wax seal stamps. Did you just epoxy the button on?
I like the osage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom