Hospital trip

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

The kids are trying to get the best of me. Our daughter decided she needed to use a steak knife for something today. After telling her no, she got one anyway. Long story short, she ended up stabbing herself. Made nice little hospital visit today. Everything is okay and nothing damaged. Has some stitches to show for it and blood on just about everything including me. Scariest moment yet in my life of having children. i will be sleeping with her tonight just to hold on to her a little more.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Glad the injury was not serious. I know you will use this as a learning experience. Also gives you and us another reason for thanks-giving.

Texas Taco

Glad to hear she is ok.

If it was one of my boys, about now I would be saying, "You know some times Dad does know what he's talking about." Only to be answered with a "Yeah, everyone gets lucky everynow and then."

Darley

Johnny glad to hear that your daugther is OK, got my daugther 2 days ago to the hospital as she stabb her eye with a pencil, for only 1 reason she talk like an Italian ( sorry Anthony ( and other ) nothings againts Italian people but you guy's got the reputation to talk with your hands ) any way everythings is fine too with here

rtparso

I have had advanced first aid training (USAF buddy care) and worked in industry for most of my life. I have seen lots of blood (too much of it mine) but when my little girl opened her forehead all I could say is "HOSPITAL" "HOSPITAL". So much for training.

Doghouse

Things happen too fast some times. I have scars that scarred my parents. I hope she recovers quickly.

No go turn her something to make her feel better about her mistake...[:D]

rtjw

Thanks everyone. I normally dont do well with my wife or kids being hurt. Anytime my wife or kids have to get a shot i have to leave the room. But with this one it had me scared so bad I wasnt leaving the room. Got home yesterday and saw exactly how much blood was there. Kinda scary. She shot blood half way across our kingsize bed. I would guesstimate that she lost about 2 cups of blood from it all.

Woodbutcher68

Originally posted by rtparso
<br />I have had advanced first aid training (USAF buddy care) and worked in industry for most of my life. I have seen lots of blood (too much of it mine) but when my little girl opened her forehead all I could say is "HOSPITAL" "HOSPITAL". So much for training.

Like Ron, I have had extensive training. I was certified by the State of Illinois as an Industrial Medical Technician (40 hours more and I could have been an EMT), until a year ago. My work schedule kept me from getting recertified, but the lessons learned aren't forgotten. I've seen and treated everything from debris in the eye to finger amputations. The main thing is to keep a cool head so you can use common sense. I know it's hard to do when it's a family member, but that's what keeps a "minor" injury from becoming life-threatening.

Dario

Johnny, Glad your daughter is fine.

Ron & Fred, I think that is why doctors are discouraged from treating their own family members. I've seen it too many times...even seasoned doctors panicking. My mother in law is a retired ER doctor...even she panicked when her mother (93 years old) fainted/collapsed.

Fleabit

Glad to know it turned out for the better. Being a hellion myself as a kid (why I have none) I feel for you trying to stop them when they make up their minds.

TheHeretic

I do hope she recovers nicley. And yes it is tragic that a parent has to help a child in its pain as well as the good times. guess I am troubled when my son comes home from school in a fight or otherwise.

Dean
Columbus OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom