Hopefully I can get some help here

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

19dobey

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1771895642/penturners-workshop
I am hoping to pass word around and get as much help as I can for this. My wife has gotten tired of not having a garage, but really don't have the means to feasibly move out of it. I am also mostly looking for help on where to post this for the best results in making it happen. I am hoping with some dedication this can become a substantial side business, if not full blown business. Any help would be great!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Good luck and welcome to the site. I suggest you take some time and do some reading here. In the search box you can put things like starting a pen turning business. How to turn a hobby into a business. Selling your pens. Ebay, etsy, web site, consignment and so forth. To have some one tell you what to do will not happen and should not happen. Everyone is an individual and needs to do it on their own. Everyones talent as far as making pens to business sense to controlling income to where and how you want to sell. What sort of a salesperson are you. Are you going to make and sell. This all takes dedication and as many have found out not for many. You have to be be in the position to sell out and by that I mean put every waking hour into it . Can you do that then good luck. As I said this topic has been discussed many times here so do a search and maybe you can pick up some pointers.

My suggestion is start small. Do some craft shows and maybe a web site or ebay or etsy. You have to establish a name. I do not believe in starter programs for things like this. People work out of their homes if they truely believe. Rent some space. If you do not have the money for a shop how in the world are you going to have money for the product and all the materials needed. Something missing here. My opinion so hate me if you want.

Last edited:

stonepecker

This is a hobby. It becomes a business when your product is wanted. Start small. Make the tools moveable and get them against the walls so the car fits in at night. I know several people here that have areas no bigger then 10x20 garden storage sheds. It is what you make it.

It will either grow and become more or it wont.......that will be up to you and your skills. Don't rush this. Enjoy it for what it should be. Relax and have fun. Get to know a few guys in your area. Look at their shops. Talk to them and find out how they started. It all begins small and grows.

Good luck.

Top Bottom