Hermes 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glenmar13

After saying they would not pay up I got this out of the blue. Possibly because I was contacting their CEO.

Good afternoon Glen,

Regarding parcel number: 6034571246056582

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise for the delay and huge inconvenience caused to both yourself and your recipient. We do not hold a contact number for you on file, therefore I have been unable to call you and discuss this further.

We are pleased to confirm that we have today accepted your claim for £47.99.

• Price of 3 items missing: £37.50
• Hermes postage: £10.49

Please allow 5-7 days for the payment to be processed back to the payment method you initially used to book your parcel.

You will receive a further email confirmation when your claim has been completed.

Kind regards,
Rebecca

Claims Advisor
Hermes Claims Department

Timber Ripper

Glen,
I one hundred percent understand your frustration.
I'm glad to hear your claim got addressed and reconciled.
Cheers from across the pond.

Last edited:
Having filed claims with transportation companies over the 40 years I worked in traffic and transportation, it's my opinion that the first reaction to every claim is "NO"... if you accept that, the company wins... if you pursue, then most of the time they will pay.

To my knowledge, I've only had one claim ever completely denied...

I had a 6' x 6' x 4", 1000 lb crate fly via an airlines into Venezuela that was never delivered, per my shipper.... after about 5 months of pursuing the claim, the airlines finally claimed delivery, even though my client the shipper denied ever getting paid for the shipment and he believed it was either pilfered out the warehouse illegally or his client lied to him about receipt.

Top Bottom