Help Tinyurl ..........question?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Well I see some of people here post lots of links with this " Tinyurl " one member send me the site http://tinyurl.com/ thanks to this person, but when I got there it say mid page " copy and drag this Tinyurl to your tool bar ", I try in different way, and this little things don't want to move to my tool bar, so what I'm doing wrong? can some one explain to me the right way, Thank you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Serge,
If you are using IE look in the links drop down box next to where the URL is listed. It should be there.

alamocdc

Serge, it wouldn't let me click and drag either. Further down on the page is a paragraph that tells you what to do. It starts of with, "For users of up to date IE browsers." Just follow those instructions and it should work. It did for me.

its_virgil

Serge,
Read down a little farther on the tinyurl.com page and you will find this:

For users of up to date IE browsers, the clicking and dragging of links that contain javascript is no longer supported. To add this to your IE links toolbar, click the link with your right mouse button and select "Add to Favorites..." from the menu. Click OK if a security warning alert pops-up (this shows up since the link contains javscript). If a list of folders is not shown, click the "Create in >>>" button (see image at right). Now select the folder called "Links" and then click OK. You should now see the TinyURL on your links toolbar, if not, see the last paragraph above.

You will need to close IE and reopen it and the tinyurl icon will be on the Links tool bar. When you are at a web address you want to turn into a tiny url, click on the icon on the tool bar and the tiny url will be copied to your clipboard and ready to be pasted into a post. Email me if you have more trouble getting it to work.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Jim Boyd

For this forum I would not even bother with it. You can make small links using the functions on the post screen. When you reply to a post there is a box at the top labled "Format Mode". Set it to prompt and when you go to add the url it will ask what you would like the link to say and then for the actual link you are trying to shorten. That is how you get links like this click here which is a link to this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom