Help Please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

old folks

This is a scan of a piece of wood , can anybody tell me what kind of wood it is. Don't want to handle it to much until I know what it is because I have a reaction to bocoyte. Thank you

2005123111036_questionable%20wood%20%201.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Texas Taco

I'm not sure what the wood may be but it appears to be too light for the bocote I've been around. But like I said, I'm not sure what it might be.

woodpens

It is hard to tell from the picture, especially not knowing the size. It could be in the the rosewood family. It is not Bocote though.

Dario

Not bocote but hard to really tell. It could be any among hundreds of possible match...I am thinking og quilted KOA (from Hawaii) though. If it is then you have a very nice piece there.

Randy_

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />Could be anything. My first thought was walnut.

Mine too. Since that is a fairly common and available wood...but like others have mentioned, it could be almost anything. Any other clues that might help us identify it? Is it heavy or light. Where did that piece come from? Size of the pictured piece would help with understanding the scope of the grain. Does the wood have any sort of a noticeable odor?? Does it appear to be an oily wood?? Come on John, give us some help.

I would agree that it doesn't look like any Bocote that I have ever seen; but, I'm hardly an expert??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom