Help Me Debug Image Zoom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'm trying to debug the Image Zoom feature. This is a feature I installed a year or so ago, but I have not publicized because it doesn't work perfectly. Some people have stumbled upon it and have used it, so you may have seen it.

It brings up a zoom window when you hover over an image:

View in Gallery

Would you please watch this video, then try posting an image from your photo album in this thread.
(SORRY for the LOW QUALITY AUDIO on this VIDEO - I'll remake it...)

[ytmini]a9bs6ojBzQA[/ytmini]

If you are not familiar with using the photo album, it's easy to upload. Just go to the Upload Page, select the first pick in the dropdown "Member Photo Albums", then select a file (up to 4MB), fill in the description box, and upload it.

THANKS

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

View in Gallery

Testing for Jeff

View in Gallery

More testing. very easy to do and I see no problems so far Jeff. Putting a voice to an image is like putting an image to a voice. Could hold surprises.:)

It does make one up their game somewhat. The magnification picks up any flaws and or dust as and fingerprints as I noticed.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My question to everyone is would you prefer to see images like this or standard photos.??? Does this become annoying when you view a pen??? I think this will grow on me. It is a very nice feature you do not see much on sites. Not sure if I would use it all the time. I would have to download my entire photobucket album.:biggrin::biggrin: Have to take for a spin when I start making pens and things again. Thanks Jeff.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I tried it in the Exotics forum--no joy!!!

So, maybe it is limited to special fora for testing???

Here is try #2

Ed

jttheclockman

Test for Ed

View in Gallery

Hope I do not get in trouble for this. But it worked from my album Ed It did not zoom and magnify it though. Maybe because I copied and clicked and saved the photo to my album. Not sure. This may have something to do with it. It may have to be a photo from your camera. Too technical for me but something to do with embedded language.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
ok, fresh out of the camera, no editing:(1.61mb image)

hit the "insert" in the corner, but it posts the picture, not the code, so I doubt it will work.

Edit in after posting: I was correct!! So, celebrate being correct and quit--too many things to do!!

Sorry, Jeff---for ME, it ain't workin!! (Firefox, latest update, 64 bit computer, win10.)

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
ok, fresh out of the camera, no editing:(1.61mb image)

hit the "insert" in the corner, but it posts the picture, not the code, so I doubt it will work.

Edit in after posting: I was correct!! So, celebrate being correct and quit--too many things to do!!

Sorry, Jeff---for ME, it ain't workin!! (Firefox, latest update, 64 bit computer, win10.)

If it posts the picture, you're in WYSIWYG editor mode, not standard. Clicking the little "A" in the upper right corner of the editor switches the modes.

That's the problem with this thing. Having the editor in the wrong mode breaks it, and I can't find a way around it.

A second problem is underscores in the file name. That confuses the code.

I guess I'll uninstall it. It generates too many questions.

Thanks for the help all!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
never give up!!

View in gallery

it's a good feature!! I'm willing to do a little extra effort--let's see if this works!
(Thanks for your help, Jeff)

OK, yes it has to be in the code when you select the picture. IF you post the picture and you SEE the picture, change your setting in the top right, delete the pic and reload to the thread. If you see the picture again, you still have the wrong setting (from the right hand corner). Once it is downloaded with only the code showing, it seems to work reliably.

I would not "dump" it, just yet, Jeff!! With limited direction, I learned--MOST others here are more tech-savvy than I!!

COOL, when it works!!
Again, Thanks for your help,
Ed

Last edited:

SteveG

Just as a matter of opinion, I would like to see this feature remain available, and not removed. Maybe someone with the right tech background can help smooth the user issues. It is nice to be able to closely inspect a detail some gifted penmaker has built into his latest creation.

CREID

View in gallery

it's a good feature!! I'm willing to do a little extra effort--let's see if this works!
(Thanks for your help, Jeff)

OK, yes it has to be in the code when you select the picture. IF you post the picture and you SEE the picture, change your setting in the top right, delete the pic and reload to the thread. If you see the picture again, you still have the wrong setting (from the right hand corner). Once it is downloaded with only the code showing, it seems to work reliably.

I would not "dump" it, just yet, Jeff!! With limited direction, I learned--MOST others here are more tech-savvy than I!!

COOL, when it works!!
Again, Thanks for your help,
Ed
YaaYYYYYYYYYY!

jttheclockman

I would leave the option there. This is probably the first real posting on it. If people have problems they can just ask a question and maybe we all can help. Just because Ed did not get it right away he found out why and that can be used as help for others.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just as a matter of opinion, I would like to see this feature remain available, and not removed. Maybe someone with the right tech background can help smooth the user issues. It is nice to be able to closely inspect a detail some gifted penmaker has built into his latest creation.

There are some basic incompatibilities between the forum editor code and the zoom code. Maybe the approach will be to just provide instructions in multiple formats.

TonyL

I love the mouse-over zoom function; I just do not know how to engage it when uploading my photos.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I love the mouse-over zoom function; I just do not know how to engage it when uploading my photos.

Watch the video listed in the first post above. It explains how to insert photos into a post so that they will zoom.

CREID

So, Jeff. I have been putting photos in messages like the video says for quite a while and it seems to work pretty well for me with a couple exceptions. A couple of times all I got was a tiny "x" where the photo would be. Is this maybe a too large of file thing? I never did figure it out, but I didn't do any photoshop editing of the photo's on those couple times I had a problem. I usually crop the photo a little before I post, but like I said on those times I don't believe I did.

TonyL

Test for Jeff

Test

Mouse-over zoom did not work on my end.

Last edited:

eharri446

I posted this picture on Saturday and used the post as thumbnail with zoom option.

View in Gallery

When I clicked the Insert button in the lower right corner, it showed my photos from my photo album. I then clicked the down arrow on the drop down at the top of the browser page and selected the Thumbnail with Zoom and Link option. Then selected the photo that I wanted to post and it worked like a charm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom