Help! I need a medic!!...UPDATE....FIXED!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

If you saw my pen in the critique section you know how proud of it I was. This morning (it's first morning on earth) it jumped out of my shirt pocket and hit the floor. When I looked down I about cried. "MEDIC...is there a MEDIC in the house??!!" I had noticed defect in the wood at that level but it never opened up while turning. However the nose dive took care of that small detail. The combo of natural defect, thin walled turning and brass extension tube at the end turned out to be my doom. I had thought about PMG with this one. I am going to try and salvage the thing but I am afraid.....wish me luck. If you hear a mortal scream tonight that might be me.

albums%5Cwoodscavenger%5CDSC02156.JPG

I fixed it! Thin CA and some sandpaper and MM. No more tears for now.

DSC02176.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Shane,
Good luck to you! I'm heading to the shop now to listen for the mortal scream.
I'll tell you what. I'll bet the pen looks as good as it did to start with! Fantastic job.

Czarcastic

Shane:
What a way to start the day
20.gif

Hope the surgery goes well.

And if not, just look at it this way:
Last night you created an incredible pen design in your mind and had the talent to make it a reality. There's no saying you can't replicate, or even imrove (if that's possible) on your latest creation next time.

Good luck!

chigdon

Find a way to salvage that one and remake another one that will find a way to be even better.

Put the original pics in the critique category and get some good feedback before creating the next one.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by vick
<br />I would have already started crying[V]

I have. [:(][V][:(!] Sad. But, the original product was inspiring. My shoulder is feeling better. I can scratch my nose but can't quite get to the ear yet. But, I plan to test turn a Baron with a closed end using Osage Orange. So, between Eagle's, beyond imagination, fantastic blanks and your beautiful pen, I may just step outside of my box of comfort and produce something that comes close to what you did.

rtjw

Sorry to hear about it. It looks as though the crack is too large to try and fix and not be noticeable. Also a fix I think would just set you up for another heartache in the near future.

hobby_dale

Shane, tough to see the little guy (looks like a boy pen at least [:I]) suffer so much. I agree with the others that this is just the first of many, many to come. So in the event you aren't able to save the patient, then consider it one small step for you and a giant leap for penkind....(paraphrasing Neil Armstrong).

vick

In symathy for your plight I killed 2 of my little guys last night. One was nothing special but the other Boo hoo was a solid body maple burl and its cap is so lonely now.

mick

Shane, I thought I felt a disturbance in the force this morning. It must of been when that beautiful pen hit the floor and the thousands of wood sprites cried out in dismay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom