Hello

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

This post is not a bashing of any kind or a notice of leaving the site or anything else like that. It is an explanation of my absence and thank you to those who have PMed me or called me asking about my well being. I am fine and doing well. Thank you and sorry if I had not returned an answer. Not much to say.

I have been a member here for a very long time and it has become apparent that my voice has grown old and tiresome here. Also has become an irritant to a growing number. I always realized you can not please everyone but it is not a good look for the site when being told I post too much and having to defend some responses because my words get taken out of context. I just grew tired of this because I am who I am and will not change. Jeff has done a great job here, taking an idea and turning it into the best pen turning site on the internet. I do not want to muddy things up here.

As I said I will be around. Look forward to the Feb. Bash party as always and I will continue to post new projects to my album over time.

No need to post to this thread. Stay well and Happy Turning!!!:):beer:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

JT

EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion and just because some do not agree with your opinion or what you said, that does not mean that we all do.

I for one appreciated your comments, even if I did not agree with all of them. You have been on here a long time and have seen many things change over time. I have only been over for a little more than a year and would hate to lose the benefit of your experience.

However, if you feel that you need to drop back and look and listen, I can understand that as well.

Whatever you do, I hope that you continue to move forward with your projects and enjoy whatever life gives.

JimB

John,

I'm glad to see you post again. Over the years I have read many, many of your posts. Many times I agree, sometimes I don't but either way I know I have learned a lot from you. I look forward to reading more of your words of wisdom.

studioseven

JT,
You have shared your expertise with me in the past and I will always be grateful. Every day there are posts from new members just joining our site. Many of them can benefit from your knowledge and experience. I hope you will always around to help us out.

Seven

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Gee John, based on one of your prior posts after the last BASH I have it in my notes to make sure one of your pens is in the Match the Pen to the Penmaker Contest next year. Can't bow out without posting one or ten. :tongue::biggrin:

John,
I've been around just a little less time than you. Always enjoy reading your posts, as well as all the others. If I don't like what some one is posting, I just don't read it and move on to another. We need you to stick around and just be yourself... if you change because someone doesn't like what you've said, then you are doing a disservice to yourself as well as the community... we need people like you to keep it real.

Not every post is going to be well received, but that doesn't mean it's not meaningful... and as we said earlier, you are entitled to your opinion and your have every right to say it... as the marine corps motto says (and I'm not a marine but believe in the motto wholeheartedly) " I may not agree with your statement, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." (I think that's paraphrased, but you get the meaning.

Looking forward to your next post... we're missing way too many of our old timers here.

Charlie_W

John, I too have enjoyed your posts. Your knowledge has helped many here.
When someone asks an electrical question, I know your answer/suggestions will be right on.
Hope you get some good lathe time and kick back and enjoy.
Thanks for being you.

Curly

Hi John
While I may on rare occasions differ with you, I respect and value what you have to say because it is given with the best of intentions and no one should make you or anyone else feel bad for offering an opinion. Those that don't feel that there is room for all our opinions can move on to a place that just thinks as they do.
Take care.

liljohn1368

Glad to hear from you, John. The way I see it is. If everybody agrees with everything a person says. It would get boring. I've learned a lot from you the past few years. I haven't always agreed, but learned alot. Let the haters hate and keep helping in your way.

Paul in OKC

What you have you give to this site is too valuable to keep secret :)! Haters gonna hate. You do not offend anyone, they take it on themselves. Love your work and encouragement to myself and others!
And see what happens when you tell us NOT to post :)

Last edited:

76winger

I too haven't been posting much lately due to several life changes over the past couple years, but I'm still lurking and checking in as time permits. I've always appreciated your point of view and and I'm glad you are still "hanging around" as well. God Bless!

Talltim

I could not help noticing in your profile that you have been liked 4531 times in 2084 posts. That does not sound like overwhelming negativity towards your ideas to me.

There are people out there who gripe when the sun comes up. Me, I am just thankful for another day.

Post on!

-------------------------
"Good enough is the enemy of great."

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Scott

Hey John!

I understand. I also have been a member here for a long time, and I don't post much anymore. And I love this site, and have a very personal connection to it. I appreciate you for the things you have helped us all with! But more than anything, I just wanted to say I understand.

Scott.

I can't speak for everyone, but I can certainly reiterate what others have said. I'm a short timer here, but, I've learned quite a bit from you. If it wasn't for you, my bandsaw would still be drifting. You may not believe it at times, but, apparently a lot of people do care about you, to bring out this kind of showing. I'd say that says a lot. Be safe and be well.

Woodchipper

Good to hear from you. We learn from others. We might not agree but we should respect the other person's viewpoint or position.
I attended seminary in Louisville, KY. One professor was noted for a certain theological position for years until someone pointed out several things to him. He agreed with the other person and was convinced to change his position. Another professor I had made the statement: You learn more from your critics than from your followers.

Top Bottom