Heat wave!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Glad to hear that you are getting a break in your weather Sharon. My sister-in- law said it was a little chilly down there lately. We also have a very sunny day in Green Bay, WI. Only difference is the 115 degree temp. difference. We have 30-40 mph winds with a wind chill of -25 to -30 degrees below zero. We also have had to dig out items lately. Things like the driveway, cars, and the mail box. One of the advantages of retirement is the fact that unless you run out of food, you don't have to go outside before Spring. Enjoy the good weather while you can, and have a happy Valentines Day. Be Well !! Jim S

Last edited:

lorbay

I was in Yuma for the month of Jan and we had the furnace on every night. The 1st week it rained all week.:frown::frown::frown:
Lin

JimB

That's just not fair Sharon. We are having our coldest days of the season. It is almost 12 noon and we are at -2 with an expected high today of 1. Wind chills are about -25. It will be like this again tomorrow.

jttheclockman

It sure has been a strange winter here in the northeast. We too are looking at record lows of 0 with the wind chill of -25 or better. Just a few weeks ago we had 30+ inches of snow that we were digging out from. Then a 1 week later we had 50 degrees and much of the snow has gone. Yes the mounds will still be there till summer. :) But they say by Tues. we will be back in the 50's with rain so that should wash more snow away. Our planet is changing.

tbroye

75 here today and 80+ Monday. Did some yard work and cut the lawns this morning. Uncovered some patio furniture. Now head up to foothill to collect our Wine Club selection and have homemade Pizza at one of the wineries. Rain predicted for Wednesday. Seems like every winter we a warm spell then be we get back to stormy weather hope that is true we need more rain in the valley and Snow in the Sierras. We will enjoy the nice weather for now.

Wingdoctor

I really wish I was north of you in Sedona and could enjoy some good AZ sunshine. It was 4 degrees here this morning. Brrrr!

zig613

We are sneaking up on 90 degrees this week in Phoenix! I had to go dig some t-shirts and shorts out of winter storage.

Sharon,

Let trade places. Today it is -40c with the wind chill factor. We are definitely not having a normal winter for this part of Ontario. People were golfing the day before Christmas. Enjoy the warmth outside as I sit close to the wood stove inside.

Wade

sbwertz

Rub it in. Come July when your have 100 plus temps, I will tell you how nice it is in our mountains.

You're preaching to the choir....I grew up in Ft. Morgan, CO from the time I was 11 years old until I was 17. So I know about the snow, but I also know about the beautiful summer weather. But you know, now that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis, the cold is really painful.

sbwertz

I really wish I was north of you in Sedona and could enjoy some good AZ sunshine. It was 4 degrees here this morning. Brrrr!

We went up to Prescott and Sedona in mid October with our little motorhome. In the middle of the night a Thunderstorm came through with high winds, rain, lightning and hail! We were in a forest campground and I worried about broken limbs coming down on the rig, and lightning starting another forest fire up there. But other than a near lightning strike that shook the rig so hard we nearly fell out of bed and losing the electrical power for the rest of the night, there was no harm done. I took a hike around the lake up there and saw a big blue heron. The rain makes the red rocks really vivid.

It's 74F here in West Texas. My question is, Sharon, why do you have winter storage if you don't have winter?

Steve

I put away the shorts and t shirts and get out the long sleeved t shirts and corduroys!

Sharon,
Dianne and I moved from Houston to Tucson in June 1994... it was 106 the day we moved into our apartment, but didn't feel all that hot to us.. December arrived and we were still running around in shorts and t-shirts... the locals were getting out long sleeves and jackets... it was 70 degrees out... I think we were still acclimated to the 98% humidity of the Houston area. Didn't get to acclimate to Arizona though, got a job offer back in Houston in Sep '95 and moved back until I retired... Loved AZ though.

sbwertz

Forecast is for 89 degrees in Phoenix today! My desert-rat born-and-bred son is beginning to regret his move to Connecticut! May have to fire up the AC!

sbwertz

We are looking at 40's this week............looking for the shorts also.

I remember that! When it got up in the 40's in CO in the middle of winter when I was a kid, we were running around like it was summertime! Everything is relative...after 50 years in Phoenix, it gets below 75 and I look for a sweater, and they are dropping dead from the heat in Boston when it gets above 80.

EBorraga

Passed Away July 17, 2022
In Memoriam
There calling for 69 here Saturday. I'll be outside in my shorts getting my planter's ready. Come on Sunshine and Heat!!!!!!!

SDB777

I thought it was supposed to be 90+ degrees there year round?

Glad we have three seasons here...rain/cold, rain/warm, and finally just hot/humid/wishing for rain.

Scott (after you get the light clothes out, it'll cool off) B

sbwertz

It's 88 in my back yard right now. Had to come in from doing yardwork...got overheated! Normally we are in the low 70s this time of year.

Top Bottom