Healthy Price

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

My wife and I were at the gym yesterday morning (we try to go 2 - 3 times a week)to do strength training. We had done our first 4-mile timed walk last Sunday and were feeling good about ourselves. We superset with medium weight (I'm 53 and don't do heavy lifting) and were in our second rotation of standingcable flies with seated cable rows and I was at the end of my second set just squeezing out my last 2" inches at the end of a 90 pound pull when I felt something pop in my back! I must have proken form somehow. I told her I was done and went down to the sauna and hot tub before getting ready to leave.

I have a bad disc in the lumbar region that I've been babying for about 20 years and this wasn't the same as the pain wasn't centered and my left leg wasn't involved. I am just getting back into running from a minor knee injury and am getting a little agitated with the aging process.

I layed around the house yesterday and am spryly going up and down stairs this morning to do the laundry. This is one of those times when a really miss the military. I would have gone to sick bay yesterday and had a really good idea of what really happened and a plan to fix it. Now I have to remember where we are with deductibles and caps and how far into the insurance year we are before considering seeing a medical professional. To top that the insurance has reduced the "fair payment" to my chiropractor. He's a friend of the family and will work with us but I don't like to abuse friendships.

Physically I'll heal and will still try to stay in shape but had to vent. Yes I know the military system is a kin to socialized medicine and socialized medicine has its flaws as well. I just like to get help when I'm in pain (even self-inflicted pain).

Another good excuse for me not to exercise :D

Personally, I find Gym exercise totally boring... would rather spend that time working in the yard doing all the hard labor I can find.

At 66, I'm still relatively fit, at 6' (when I was in military I was 6'1".. but seems I've lost an inch) my weight has stayed about 190 for last 15 years...
before I got married I was at 155-160, but you know what love will do for you :D
gained 30 pounds in first year of marriage... the wife is one h--- of a good cook and as a bachelor I hated to cook.

As a "youngster" that has already damaged your body [:p] you need to take it easy until you get my age, [}:)]

Just be careful and let yourself heal..

Top Bottom