In Hawaii

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

I am in Hawaii for a few days and thought I would look to see if we have any active Penturners - I looked through the member directory and found 65 registered members - however it doesn't appear that any of them are active - does anyone know of any Penturners or locations in Oahu, Hawaii I should visit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I don't know about any pen turners in the area, but if you want some wood, you might try Re-Use Hawaii at 200 Keawe St. in Kakaako - just a couple of blocks west of Ala Moana Blvd. They are open 7 days a week from 9-5. They also have a lot of used hardware in addition to various reclaimed wood.

There is also a Woodcraft store near Re-Use Hawaii, but their wood is really expensive. However, there might be some turners there or they might know of some.

Winkler used to have a walk-in store in that general vicinity as well with a nice variety of woods, but they have relocated since the beginning of the year and are now an on-line only store.

There is usually a vendor at the Aloha Stadium swap meet (Wed, Sat & Sun) that has Koa wood for sale at reasonable prices. They aren't always in the same location, so you just have to walk around and look for a box of wood near the entrance of their booth.

Last edited:

magpens

WoodPenPro is here:

Address: 44-719 Hoonani Pl, Kaneohe, HI 96744, USA
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 5 p.m.
Phone: +1 808-398-0172

<table class="WgFkxc"><tbody><tr class="K7Ltle"><td class="SKNSIb">
</td><td>Sorry for taking up so much space ... it happened with the copy and paste.
</td></tr><tr><td class="SKNSIb">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:

magpens

(I knew about Lau Lau also but could not think of the name when I was posting :( )

There are also at least a couple of eBay pen blank/wood vendors based in the Honolulu area, and possibly one or two elsewhere in HI. But I can't think of their names right now.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
(I knew about Lau Lau also but could not think of the name when I was posting :( )

There are also at least a couple of eBay pen blank/wood vendors based in the Honolulu area, and possibly one or two elsewhere in HI. But I can't think of their names right now.

Joel Lawson (joelinhawaii) has a wide variety of awesome wood, but he's on the Big Island. His sawmill is on my must visit list if I ever get to make a trip to the Big Island.

SteveG

I moved from Hawaii (Kauai) to Oregon one year ago , IOT to support my aging dad. This after living about forty years combined on Oahu, Big Island and Kauai. Just reading this thread spurred a bit of a homesick response. I am unable to help with your request for info WRT Oahu, but hope you can make some connections while there. :)

Top Bottom