Harrisburg PA Farm Show

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

For those in the PA area, The Pennsylvania Farm Show is this week. The Susquehanna Woodturners will have a display and demonstration setup in the main Hall near the entrance on the Maclay St entrance, about where it says "Commercial Exhibits" on the map.

I will be demonstrating pen making Friday morning and afternoon and possibly Thursday morning. Other members of the club will be doing woodturning demonstrations during the Farm Show.

PS. The Pork BBQ and Funnel Cake is delicious! I intend to have at lease one bloomin onion.

Admission is free, but parking is $15.00 :frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

So if you walked up you get in free:) i love shows like that.

Have to ask what is it that is the main idea of the show?? Is it a craft show and if not how does a turning club get in there??? Are there other crafters??

Last edited:

randyrls

John; It isn't primarily a craft show. This year it is from the 7th to 14th. It is meant to showcase PA horticulture and agriculture products. We are there in conjunction with the PA Hardwoods exhibit. There are crafters and products being sold. There are two separate areas. In our area selling isn't permitted, but contact info can be distributed. In the other area sales are permitted.

Photos of our display and demonstration area. I will be adding new photos thru the week.

Any number of "colonial" craft events are happening. Some of the more unusual items are:
Butter Sculpture; 1000 lbs of butter in a refrigerated case. This year it is a farm scene complete with trees and brook.
Tractor Square dance; Yep, Do-Se-Do on tractors!
Sheep to Shawl contest; Start with a sheep and make a shawl from the wool. Auctioned off, some of these go for thousands of dollars. Each team makes one shawl in a custom dyed pattern and they are judged and auctioned off.

There are also endless cows, horses, sheep, chickens, all kinds of farm equipment, and related items.

PS. Don't wear good shoes!! EEWWWWW!!!!!

larryc

Speaking of tractor square dance - I saw this on Facebook the other day

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fantiquetractorclub%2Fvideos%2F1588277398070735%2F&show_text=0&width=400" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="400" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Top Bottom