Harbor freight prices gone up too,,,,,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

I saw that. I was waiting for the 39.99 deal even the 49.99 but thats long gone.

But the up side, I just saw the Bananas.:banana::bananen_smilies051::RockOn:

kirkfranks

Glad I got mine 3 weeks ago at 49.99
Actually it was not even on sale online I just walked in and that was the price.
So sometimes it pays to go shopping (wife logic?)

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
That's likely to be just the beginning. The Chinese government reduced their price supports to Chinese companies by 15% in June.

gerryr

My job requires that I pay attention to the price of steel and other metals. The North American carbon steel index has more than doubled in the last 12 months. Other metals have increased that much or more.

And, if you want to purchase a mill run of steel, you will be quoted a price that might be valid for 24 hours and when you place the order, it will be whatever the quoted price was, plus the statement "price in effect at time of shipment." So, you are giving the steel mills a blank check because you have no choice.

Last edited:

IPD_Mrs

Gerry is right. It is not about price gouging at all. All raw metal materials have gone through the roof. Add to that the current cost of the fuel to heat the metal to pour it in the mold to create the pot. Then of course there is the fuel cost to send the big freighters to the US. There have also been some reposrt of the freighters going back to China empty so they can send more stuff to the US, so that adds even more to the cost of shipping it here.

Some day we will learn that we need to export more than we import.

Has anyone looked into exporting our criminals? :biggrin:

Mike

Top Bottom