Happy... umm, Merry... umm... yeah, that!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Czarcastic

Please accept with no obligation,
implied or implicit our best wishes for
an environmentally conscious,
socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive, gender neutral,
celebration of the winter solstice
holiday, practiced within the most
enjoyable traditions of the religious
persuasion of your choice, or secular
practices of your choice, with respect
for the religious/secular persuasions
and/or traditions of others, or their
choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all . . .
a n d a fiscally successful,
personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset
of the generally accepted calendar
year 2006, but not without due respect
for the calendars of choice of other
cultures whose contributions to
society have helped make America great,
(not to imply that America is necessarily
greater than any other country or is
the only "AMERICA" in the western
hemisphere), and without regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability,
religious faith, or choice of computer
platform of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting,
you are accepting these terms.
This greeting is subject to
clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the
original greeting. It implies no
promise by the wisher to actually
implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others, and is
void where prohibited by law, and is
revocable at the sole discretion of
the wisher. This wish is warranted
to perform as expected within the
usual application of good tidings
for a period of one year, or until the
issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting,
whichever comes first, and warranty is
limited to replacement of this wish
or issuance of a new wish at the
sole discretion of the wisher.)

Jim Boyd

Originally posted by Czarcastic
<br />Please accept with no obligation,
implied or implicit our best wishes for
an environmentally conscious,
socially responsible, low stress,
non-addictive, gender neutral,
celebration of the winter solstice
holiday, practiced within the most
enjoyable traditions of the religious
persuasion of your choice, or secular
practices of your choice, with respect
for the religious/secular persuasions
and/or traditions of others, or their
choice not to practice religious or
secular traditions at all . . .
a n d a fiscally successful,
personally fulfilling, and medically
uncomplicated recognition of the onset
of the generally accepted calendar
year 2006, but not without due respect
for the calendars of choice of other
cultures whose contributions to
society have helped make America great,
(not to imply that America is necessarily
greater than any other country or is
the only "AMERICA" in the western
hemisphere), and without regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability,
religious faith, or choice of computer
platform of the wishee.

(By accepting this greeting,
you are accepting these terms.
This greeting is subject to
clarification or withdrawal. It is freely
transferable with no alteration to the
original greeting. It implies no
promise by the wisher to actually
implement any of the wishes for
her/himself or others, and is
void where prohibited by law, and is
revocable at the sole discretion of
the wisher. This wish is warranted
to perform as expected within the
usual application of good tidings
for a period of one year, or until the
issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting,
whichever comes first, and warranty is
limited to replacement of this wish
or issuance of a new wish at the
sole discretion of the wisher.)

Could you repeat that in english[:D]

Fisherman

It is truly a shame that people seem to have forgotten what we celebrate at this season. It is the birthday of JESUS CHRIST the savior of the world.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

btboone

&gt;It is truly a shame that people seem to have forgotten what we celebrate at this season. It is the birthday of JESUS CHRIST the savior of the world.

From your point of view, perhaps. For others, it's not the case. In the history of man, there has been something like 10,000 religions. Not all are centered on the teachings of Jesus. This is in no small part the reason for countless wars throughout history including the one we are in now. While the above written description was written (mostly) in jest, it does point out the fact that America is not a one religion country. That's the beauty of it. I have a very diverse neighborhood. I have middle eastern people on one side and Jewish faith people on the other, and Chinese traditional religion people up the street. They are no less "American" than anyone else. Yes, the country was founded by religious folks of mostly the same faith. Since then, we have opened the doors to people of all religions or lack thereof. That's what we're about. You can come here and not get burned at the stake or thrown in prison for not following the crowd. We don't want to get into another Holier Than Thou discussion. You need to just take it on Faith that your religion is what you follow. If you were born in a different part of the world, the chances are good that you would have a different outlook. Being Hindu, Muslim, or Bhuddist has a lot to do with where you are from.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Fisherman
<br />It is truly a shame that people seem to have forgotten what we celebrate at this season. It is the birthday of JESUS CHRIST the savior of the world.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Please see the following statement made by Jeff (who owns this site and is the administrator)
<b>OK, I think the best approach for now is to prohibit discussions in this forum of religion, politics, and sex. Griz mentioned that's how they keep the peace at his lodge, and suggested we try it here. So, there you go. Forum stays, the unavoidable conflicts go. I'll post some additional rules (actually some clarification and plain English interpretation of the Terms of Service) next week.

Thanks all for your thoughts and continued support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff in Westlake, OH
</b>

There was a major flaming war started over the subject of religion and the holiday season.... we really do not want one to start again.
Thank you for understanding and respecting the belief's of other members

Ryan

Some may not like this, but I still have my free speach and they can do as I do when I see something I do not like! LOOK THE OTHER WAY, or DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!

Ryan

Dario

Bruce,

I hear you but Muslims have their Ramadan and all other religions have their own "holly days". Do we impose that they don't call it that because others may get offended? Never heard of that...why?

We are talking Christmas and it is for Christians. We let others celebrate theirs in their own date and time....hope we can have ours, those who doesn't want to join the celebration...no one is forcing them to.

Merry Christmas [:)]

GregMuller

By Jeff
OK, I think the best approach for now is to prohibit discussions in this forum of religion, politics, and sex. Griz mentioned that's how they keep the peace at his lodge, and suggested we try it here. So, there you go. Forum stays, the unavoidable conflicts go. I'll post some additional rules (actually some clarification and plain English interpretation of the Terms of Service) next week.

Thanks all for your thoughts and continued support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff in Westlake, OH
What[:0]No sex talk.

btboone

Dario, No, I don't say that at all. I say Merry Christmas for those who follow Christmas. I also say Happy Hannuka for those folks, or have a few great days off from work for those who don't follow either. The post said savior of the world. I'm just pointing out that for many people, mostly from other countries, that is tantamount to saying that "Your Religion Is Wrong, and You're Headed Straight To Hell if you don't believe the way I've been taught." Such statements should be viewed from other perspectives, especially in an international forum such as this.

I got a nice Christmas card from my lawn service. It was very thoughtful of them. I have a neighbor a few doors down that also uses that service. I think a Christmas card to her would be viewed as offensive because their religion does not recognize Christ as the Savior of the World. For a lot of people, that seems strange. A lot of people don't have much knowledge or tolerance for other religions. We all know what we have been taught. The old line is "Because the Bible Tells Me So." Well, other religions have been around a lot longer and have their own sacred scriptures. Problems come along when we all see our own religion as the "One True Religion" without regard for the others. They all can't be right. Fortunately, they all can't be proven or disproven also, that's why they are all based on faith.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by btboone
<br />Dario, No, I don't say that at all. I say Merry Christmas for those who follow Christmas. I also say Happy Hannuka for those folks, or have a few great days off from work for those who don't follow either. The post said savior of the world. I'm just pointing out that for many people, mostly from other countries, that is tantamount to saying that "Your Religion Is Wrong, and You're Headed Straight To Hell if you don't believe the way I've been taught." Such statements should be viewed from other perspectives, especially in an international forum such as this.

I got a nice Christmas card from my lawn service. It was very thoughtful of them. I have a neighbor a few doors down that also uses that service. I think a Christmas card to her would be viewed as offensive because their religion does not recognize Christ as the Savior of the World. For a lot of people, that seems strange. A lot of people don't have much knowledge or tolerance for other religions. We all know what we have been taught. The old line is "Because the Bible Tells Me So." Well, other religions have been around a lot longer and have their own sacred scriptures. Problems come along when we all see our own religion as the "One True Religion" without regard for the others. They all can't be right. Fortunately, they all can't be proven or disproven also, that's why they are all based on faith.

Bruce, very well said and I also thank Tom Mullane (old Griz) for his post above. Can we please drop these religious and political discussions and follow Jeff's rules.

JimGo

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />I like pickles.....

[:D]

Fangar
Don't you be startin' no pickle talk 'round here mister. Them's fightin' words! Unless you've had dill pickles deep fried, you don't know pickles.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Dill pickles... man you guys are plebian... [}:)][}:)]
Good old Garlic Half Sour pickles.... big crunchy and loaded with garlic.....MMMMMMMMMMMMM[}:)]

Czarcastic

For what it's worth, I celebrate Hanukkah.
My wife, on the other hand, celebrates Christmas.
I have no problem with others wishing me a merry Christmas - in fact I appreciate it. It is never meant as an insult, it is meant as a wish of pleasantries for the season.
Just as if I were to wish everyone a Happy Hanukkah. No one should be insulted by that at all.
The wish of a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan, or Kwanzaa, is symbolic of a wish for peace, health, and joy, regardless of your beliefs or customs.

So please, do not be insulted when I wish you a Happy HanuRamaKwanzaMas.

And please do not tell me what diety to pray to. Because my prayers are for peace, health, and happiness for you and your loved ones. I would hate to think that I am wasting my time.

-Steven

JimGo

Steven, as has been pointed out, Jeff as strongly suggested that we move away from religious topics. Please let that part of the thread die, that's why some of us are trying to move the thread in the pickle direction.

Tom, next time you're down this way, we'll meet up at Old Hickory Grill on Arlington Blvd. in Falls Church and you can try the deep-fried pickle chips. They may just change your mind!

Ron, no, never had one. I note, though, that you don't say that it tastes good, but rather that you merely ask whether we've tried one!

JimGo

OK Larry, you'll have to come up for the pickels too! I'm guessing that Pastor Bill won't mind if this is part of his planned visit!

Sounds like a plan. Of course, your MRS. should be having those pickle eating fantasies [:D] does she want the ice cream also?
Besides my Mama taught me that when you go to someone else's place, you eat what they eat & [:D]. BTW I have even had eatern shore BBQ and thought it was good.
When is crab season (not the human ones), just love that fresh seafood.

JimGo

I think Maryland's crab season is April 1 through November 30. I grew up near the Jersey Shore, so IMHO we're kinda far in-land for good crabs around here. If you head about an hour East of here, there's a great place just on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in Maryland that has "peel and eat" crabs.

Yep, my wife has been going nuts for pickels, especially the fried ones. We met up with some friends from NYC at this restaurant on Sunday, and between my wife and my friend's wife (who is 6 weeks pregnant), they ate about 3/4 of the plate! And this place has some good deserts, too!

Ron Mc

Nothing like a deep fried pickle!
BTW, Any of you ever make a segmented pen using a combination of Dill, sweet, and garlic pickles?[:D]

opfoto

How about putting a few pickles into the corned beef, then deep fry the whole shebang!! And don't forget to wash that down with your favorite beverage! Now thats a party.....[:eek:)]

Gary, do you have some cabbage to go with that corned beef? Now that is some fine eating, cooked up with some potatoes and carrots, corn bead w/ jalapenos. Man make you tongue jump out of your mouth.[:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

Gary Max

Bill not that I would want to cause any trouble---but I had some of that fancy kraut that comes in the jar---on rye---with just a dash of brown mustard on one side. I heated the kraut in a seperate container.

Red I lik the way you think. My son gave me some habenero salsa that is so hot that I cannot eat but a drop or two in large bowls of beans, chili, etc. Use some cheese in that cornbread and really don't need anything else.
Gary, now you done it. I can't even stand the smell of kraut but LOML uses it every chance she gets. BTW desn't your sandwich go by another name or maybe it is pastrami on rye that I was thinking about.
Then add fruitcake for dessert[:D][:p][;)]

Czarcastic

Wish I knew you guys liked habaneros! I had a "bumper crop" of them this summer and ended up giving most of them away to friends, neighbors, and co-workers. My three "bushes" produced something like 200-300 peppers over the course of this summer, and that's not counting the Jalapenos and Cayenne pepper plants in the garden.

We've got them and the other peppers dehydrated, smoked (chipotles), Canned (preserved in vinegar and garlic), and made into Jelly (ever have habanero jelly over cream cheese?!?! [:p]

OK... Next summer, you're all getting chile peppers. I need a way to get rid of the excess and it looks like I found the answer... Hmmm.. Maybe I can trade them for some nice pen blanks... &lt;&lt;evil laugh&gt;&gt;.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom