Happy New Year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jckossoy

Well, it's time to start the Jewish marathon. Rosh Hashanah starts tonight, Yom Kippor next Thursday, then Sukkot, and to end it off Simchas Torah and Shemini Atzeret.

Here are the explainations:
Rosh Hashanah: Lit. Head of the year. The new year starts at sundown tonite til Wed. nite. We also hear the Shofar (Rams Horn) 100 blasts each day (I'll post a picture of mine after Rosh Hashanah).

Yom Kippor: The holiest of days. Day of Atonement. 24 1/2 hour fast. That's right, no food, no water, no leather. Starts next Wed nite thru Thursday.

Sukkot: This is a seven day holiday, where we celebrate in a Sukkah (I will post a picture of mine after I put it together after Yom Kippor.

Simchas Torah and Shemini Atzeret: The end of Sukkot and the end and beginning of the Torah. Alot of festivities.

So now I must get ready for the marathon of Pray, Eat, Sleep, Pray, Eat, Sleep, Pray, Eat Sleep, etc. Time to gain weight:D.

L'Shana Tova (May you be signed and sealed in the book of Life!):),

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Thanks for the info Yaakov, I just may send my attorney a card for some of those days [:D] I can't wait to see your Shofar, just to make sure it is really not a duck call in disguise. [:D]

Happy New Year

L'Shana Tova

Rifleman1776

As a young man, I worked in a clothing store owned by a Jewish family. These people were very particular and attentive to every little detail. But come the Holy season, they left and I was there alone. They wouldn't even call, their faith came first.
Shalom.

jckossoy

Well, the first leg of the marathon is over. Everyone is full and tired. Tomorrow we have the Short Fast (Fast of Gedalia). Next Wed. nite and Thursday, Yom Kippor, the longest fast of the year (24.5 hours).

I'll post my Shofar tomorrow nite after I get home from work and minyan.

Shavua Tov,

wood-of-1kind

I remember when we used to write about pens and share some new techniques or offer words to stimulate/challenge this addictive hobby. I'm finding all the PC and all other 'non pen-turning' stuff a great big bore. HUMBUG I'm tuning out. Someone please call when there is some worthwhile pen stuff to post. One[:(!][:(!][:(!]turner.

rtparso

Did I mention that I accept invitations to feasts. Thanks for the Jewish info. Eagle as I have said before I am ofended that you are offended[:D] And if you have any feasts can I come?

micah

wood-of-1kind,
Although I am new to this site, I am not new to forums and to relationships whether they be distant or close. I would leave the net today if I didn't think that people with differant background and beliefs could not find a common ground and work with each other. It is the differances in us all that makes us individuals and unique.
Without threads of this nature (and the x-mas ones) we probably be just like a bunch of Borg drones (for you trekkies). Very dule and BORING!
Personally I hate being SO PC! Yes, you have to have some manners and kindness, but some just need balls.
jckossoy, I wasn't real sure what L'Shana Tova meant until your() in your first post and it's real kind, if it's o.k with you I will return with a wish of peace and good tidings.
Micah

wood-of-1kind

This is my point, we are going around circles and discussing NOTHING. I come here to celebrate the art of pen turning not all the BS outside of the focus. The PEN is the THING!!!!

-Peter-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom