Happy New Year!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just a quick note to wish all of you around the globe a Happy New Year. I sincerely hope that 2017 treats you all well, and that it's a healthy, prosperous, and enjoyable year for you. I was just sitting here reflecting on my 2016, and despite some low spots, I'm still kicking as we close out the year. I have a roof over my head, I'm not malnourished, and nobody is shooting at me, which unfortunately can't be said for millions around the world. I feel very fortunate.

I have only made a few pens this year, really just the bare minimum needed for gifting. But I was fortunate to enjoy the MPG, the MAPG, the Ohio Chapter meetings, picnics, and parties, and the Ohio Pen Show. Even though I've probably spent more hours talking to many of you in person than I have making pens, I consider that to be a successful year. In 2016, pen friend handshakes far exceeded completed pens, and that's a good thing in my book. If you are able, I encourage you to get to some kind of pen gathering and make friends. I hope to see my old pals and make many new ones in 2017.

As always, please accept my sincere thanks for your support of our community.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Jeff, to you and your immediate family and to your web site family I too wish everyone a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. I hope the year of 2017 is one for the good record books.

I too was sitting back the other day and thinking of what a year 2016 was to me and have to say it is one that I will not forget. Having lost my Mom back in January I come up to an anniversary that is not going to be pleasant. I went through some close call health issues the past couple years and I continue to need to monitor but I can say a good thing happened and that was back in August I was able to finally get back in my shop. Going through some of those things I really did not realize how much I missed working in the shop till I first turned on the tablesaw once again and made it come alive.

I look forward to 2017 with renewed ambitions and thoughts of new ideas. I hope to share with all here some pen ideas and other works. I also am looking forward to seeing others works of art come through here as we continue to expand in new members and seeing some of the older members make a return, gives us promise of great things here.

And even expanding further out, with new leadership in office I hope more unity and great things lie ahead for all of us.

Happy New Year one and all

th

Skie_M

Yeth!!! Hoppy New YAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz! :)

(no, I have no idea whatsoever where that line comes from ....)

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very best wishes to all from me too..3 and a half hours to go...and we're about to join our neighbours in a street party. Been living here 16 years and only know two of them....:rolleyes:

Catch you next year..:biggrin:

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
A very Happy New Year to you also Jeff, and to all the rest of this wonderful, global family. The IAP is truly made up of some of the finest people I've ever had the privilege to know.

Herb G

Happy New Year to one and all. I sincerely hope for a prosperous new year for everyone.
May God shine his grace on you & your families as we continue to live our lives.

Last edited:

OZturner

Happy New Year to You Jeff, and All the IAP contributors.

Thank you all for your Work, and Postings, Making our Addiction Tolerable, and Rewarding.

May you and yours enjoy a Safe, New Year, filled with Love, Happiness, and Health, and of course some Superb Pens.

Kindest Regards, to all my Special Friends,
Brian.

Magicbob

Happy New Year, to Jeff, my Ohio group buddies, MPG family and everyone else in the IAP, even Ernie and Chuck.
I hope each of you have a great and healthy 2017.
Thanks for the prayers and support as I battled a heart issue this year, you all are wonderful people and I am proud to number myself as one of you.

Magicbob

robutacion

I'm/we are not much for celebrations nor party goers, that up here are called barbeques and other events gatherers, we like peace and quite within our own space so, "things" come and go without much notice.

I don't particularly like this time of the year, and never did, from the middle of December to middle of January, I always try to keep myself busy and concentrated on other things that are more important to me, and you know, I'm OK with it and is nothing wrong with that, I'm sure there will be many others out there that feel the same way.

Not religious nor ever been, that has created some problems as a young boy but I went over that and while I accept people with any other religions and believes, I have a problem with those that are trying to take my freedom and my identity/existence and that makes my "waters boil".

Last night and about 3 hours before midnight, (beginning of 2017) instead of being thinking about going partying, get drunk and forget everything, I was sitting here, in front of my computer and watching video clips from the Europen but not only countries where the issue of, let's call it "immigration crisis" is well out of control.

We here in Australia live in a far away island and that may slow down some of those people but, we are not out of it, far from it. I read and listen what "these" people have to say and they absolutely radical ideas and behaviour and I wonder, how long that is going to last and when is the S#!t hitting the fan...?

These videos are there for anyone to see and listen, I have never made a secret of my European background and I can only image what those countries are/did get(ting) into, I can not forget what and how long it took for me to come up here following all the legal channels, I think about the USA and what will happen there and off-course, what is in "storage" for Australia.

So, I let myself get lost in those videos hours before and hours after the New Year, I went to bed with those thoughts in my mind as I have been for days and I find hard to sleep.

This morning, and while many of you were probably having a big headache/hangover from having a good time last night, I got up and nothing have changed, and we all are still in big troubles.

Should I bother..? some of you may think that I have been too pessimist about the situation, some of you may even think that I have nothing to worry about and I would ask, which world are in on?

So, this thread is based I believe, on New Year's wishes and goals that people have set up for 2017, it also relates to people thoughts for this new year and I have just expressed mine and what keeps my mind busy for a part of every day, I hoped that it would go away and that 2017 would be a great year for everybody but, with this "heavy cloud" over all our heads, I'm concerned and I believe I have good reasons to be.

Safe 2017 everybody..!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom