Happy Grandpa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

My youngest daughter sent me a text asking me to send her some of my business cards. Well this peaked my curiosity, so I called her. Turns out her oldest (15yo grandson) has joined a turning club at his high school, and she wanted to give one to the teacher/adviser.
Needless to say a Deluxe Magical Skew and a Turning Smock is in the mail, along with a discount offer for the program.

This makes me happy in so many ways.
I love that the boy is interested in turning
I love that the school is doing this, as the schools around me don't even have shop class anymore

I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Oldfolks

That's great. It's a shame that shop classes across America have gone by the way. Kudos to your grandson and to his school system for keeping this going.

Jerry

Talltim

I know you are proud of him. And the great thing is it sounds like he is proud of you. Someone did something right along the way. Congratulations.

Woodchipper

That is a great story. Our AAW chapter met at a high school, meeting in their woodworking shop. We had to find another place as the school closed the shop and sold all the equipment. Every kid wants to design video games.
BTW, my 10 yo grandson has turned some pens. Now my wife told me his 8 yo sister wants to make a birdhouse. Is that good news or what?

Top Bottom