Happy Birthday John!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Happy birthday John. I hope the coming year lets some of your creative juices flow.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Well appreciated. I will be going out to dinner later (hope I do not have to pick up the check:biggrin::biggrin:) but thought I would reply to Pete's comment. I was in the shop this morning and got a birthday present from the penturning Gods. I was finally able to complete a pen I have been working on since my post Bash entries this year. I had 2 failures with this blank but was able to learn from them and this one went well. It is an addition to my black acrylic and aluminum series of pens I have been making. I still have a few other ideas. But this one is spiral rods around a tube and cast in Liquid Diamonds epoxy resin dyed with black. I spun it this morning and polished to a high shine. I have included a couple photos including the tube before I cast it. Thanks for looking and again thanks for the great birthday wishes.

Attachments

• Copy_of_Copy_of_IMGP0402__1552590088_76818.jpg
    Copy_of_Copy_of_IMGP0402__1552590088_76818.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Copy_of_Copy_of_IMGP0404__1552590175_97120.jpg
    Copy_of_Copy_of_IMGP0404__1552590175_97120.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Copy_of_Copy_of_IMGP0297__1552591821_57033 (1).jpg
    Copy_of_Copy_of_IMGP0297__1552591821_57033 (1).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 133

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Very best belated wishes from me too JT....:biggrin:(just got back from a training course in Norway)

Time well spent in your shop too. That pen is very very cool. I'm amazed that it stayed together. I would have thought that the round rods would be eager to pop out as you turned. Care to share how you got the equal spacing between the rods?

You still got it, old friend :cool:

jttheclockman

Very best belated wishes from me too JT....:biggrin:(just got back from a training course in Norway)

Time well spent in your shop too. That pen is very very cool. I'm amazed that it stayed together. I would have thought that the round rods would be eager to pop out as you turned. Care to share how you got the equal spacing between the rods?

You still got it, old friend :cool:

Thanks Skip. I have to go to the Doctors for a check up this morning. When I get back this afternoon I will take a few photos of my process. It is not hard.

JohnU

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a good day. The "Finally Finished Pen" is amazing! Congrats! I tried that on a zen once and just spiraled it down the tube but I like yours much better. It has a nice elegant and precise look to it. Very inspiring!

jttheclockman

Thanks again for the Birthday wishes. I decided to answer Skips question over the SOYP forum as a separate thread in case others want to see it and have questions. If you care to take a look.:):)

Top Bottom