HAPPY BIRTHDAY IAP!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudder

I realized we just passed the 2 year mark. This explains a lot, we’re now officially in the "terrible two's"

Happy Birthday IAP!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

LOL...I know about the terrible two's. My daughter whos is now 26 months old has this attitude...

everything I can touch is mine,
everything I see is mine,
the world revolves around me

...and you know what? I love her so dearly...just like IAP. [:)]

It is a phase, it will pass and we too will mature...someday.

Happy birthday IAP!!!

PenWorks

Happy Birthday IAP & Jeff. [:)] Thanks for hosting a great pen turning forum.

I got an idea [:0] Lets hold elections for a President and board of directors [:D] [}:)] [:D] (sorry about that)

Looking forward to another good year of exchanging ideas on pen making. [;)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by Dario
<br />LOL...I know about the terrible two's. My daughter whos is now 26 months old has this attitude...

Happy birthday IAP!!!

Dario, enjoy your delusion. [:)] It doesn't get better. It gets worse. My son, age 39, is still a handful. Daughter, age 19, is a challenge. On the other hand, enjoy. She will never be that age again.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Happy Birthday IAP & Jeff. [:)] Thanks for hosting a great pen turning forum.

I got an idea [:0] Lets hold elections for a President and board of directors [:D] [}:)] [:D] (sorry about that)

Anthony, I don't care who you are that was funny! [^]

Dario

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Happy Birthday IAP & Jeff. [:)] Thanks for hosting a great pen turning forum.

Anthony,

Better yet, let's convince Jeff to offer stock options LOL [:D][}:)]

Dario

Originally posted by Rifleman
<br />
Originally posted by Dario
<br />LOL...I know about the terrible two's. My daughter whos is now 26 months old has this attitude...

Happy birthday IAP!!!

Dario, enjoy your delusion. [:)] It doesn't get better. It gets worse. My son, age 39, is still a handful. Daughter, age 19, is a challenge. On the other hand, enjoy. She will never be that age again.

That explains my 15 and 13 year old kids then...joking, they are good kids...if only they learn to help out in the house more. [V][B)]

Well Jeff & Scott, you survived another year but probably feel like the inside of a porcupine with all the knife, spear & arrow wounds. [B)][8][B)][:(][xx(][V] Please know that I appreciate all that you attempt to do and do not desire to have your responsibilities. Keep up the good work and HB-day to all in the IAP. May we have many more years of geetting to know one another.

micah

Happy B-day IAP!
I hadn't done that much intense research to know that this place was still as young as it is.
I'm sure it will have many, many more years and many more interesting threads. Enough that we should be able to get to know each other REAL good.[:D]

Micah

alamocdc

Happy birthday, IAP! Jeff and Scott, words cannot properly express my gratitude for this site! I can hear you thinking, "Then don't, just send money!" [:p]

Dario, have teens you know all too well how fast they grow up. The words of a certain C&W song come to mind. "Let them be little... for they're only that way for awhile." Enjoy them all while you can my friend. One day you may find yourself without one or all of them around you and realize how much you miss them.

Sorry, didn't mean to go all sappy, folks.

Darley

Well 2 years all ready gone by, so Happy Birthday IAP, Jeff, Scott ( are you still with us ??) great work Jeff for the best site on the net, now Jeff I can do a fairy bread for you with 2 candles but not a cake [:D]

Scott

You guys are keeping track, aren't you? [8D]

The site actually went live on January 1st 2004. Jeff and I were testing it out in December 2003. That's why he and I have dates that go back that far.

I wish I was still involved with running this site, but I don't think it would be as good if I were! Jeff has done a wonderful job of making this place what it is, and I thank him!

This is a good and worthwhile site! It is full of people who I consider to be friends! I still think the goal of helping each other learn about penturning is a good one! Thank you all for being here, and participating!

So, are we going to plan another birthday party, like last year?

Scott.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Just as penturning has, running this site has significantly enriched my life. I've met lots of nice people, made hundreds of new friends, and sharpened my people-skills [:D] As long as you will all stick with me, I'll do whatever it takes to keep the lights on and the information flowing.

You guys should really thank Scott. Without his constant encouragement in the "early days", this would not have happened. Scott, you may think you're not involved, but your motivation still keeps me going.

rtjw

Jeff, no matter what happens, I think you have done a good job with the site. It provides a lot of information to people that normally wouldnt be out there.

JimGo

I for one am not so sure I'm happy about the IAP and this site. I know I wouldn't be anywhere NEAR as addicted to pen turning without it, and I'm sure I'd have a LOT more disposable income as a result!!![:D]

All kidding aside, I'm glad to have the opportunity to meet and interact with such a wide variety of people, and hope it will continue for a long time to come.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Well Jeff & Scott, you survived another year but probably feel like the inside of a porcupine with all the knife, spear & arrow wounds. [B)][8][B)][:(][xx(][V] Please know that I appreciate all that you attempt to do and do not desire to have your responsibilities. Keep up the good work and HB-day to all in the IAP. May we have many more years of geetting to know one another.

I think this sums it up well. While I have only been a participant for 8 months, I have great respect for the "benevolent dictator".

Someone has to have the guts to say, "The buck stops here!"

Thanks Jeff!

Easysport

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF & SCOTT. I'm new here and without this forum I would have given up some time ago. The information and people are the greatest. Keep up the good work and many more to come. It takes a thick skin to run a web site.[8D][8D][8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom