Hand pulled Rickshaw Plans

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi everyone, I am trying to help a mate who is a bare foot runner. His name is Mat Grills, a police officer and a runner for charity. Yes Mat runs bare foot as well as in sandals, he does not wear normal running shoes. He wants to make a rickshaw that he can pull behind him. Just wondering if anyone has plans to build one at all. Mat is training for his next charity run, from Western Australia to the east coast in New South Wales. It is a big run across Australia and is trying to raise money to help a village in Africa with buildings and be able to fund it for a year. The rickshaw is something that is important to him and he is a good mate and I want to help in anyway I can. If anyone has any info, ideas, sites or especially a plan it would be greatly appreciated. This is Mat's blog page if you want to read a bit about him.
http://tattoorunner.blogspot.com/201....html?spref=fb

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Cheers
Darren

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monolith

Incredible!! I dunno how he's gonna do it... it took me like 3 days to cross the nullarbor by train!

I wish I could help, but I don't know anything about rickshaws. Have you checked instructables.com?

snyiper

I am thinking it will have to be hand made like a two wheel trailer with handels. The oversize wheels like motorcycle or Bicycle wheels and light weight material for the framing.

dogcatcher

Tell him to do research for making a "horse sulky", or even looking at the photos of a horse sulky will get him where he wants to go. 2 bicycle wheels, and the front forks of the bikes should be his major expense. I think I know of a place that has great photos, I will look for it.

dogcatcher

Here you go. Superior Sulky and their jogging cart,
http://www.superiorsulky.com/jogcart.htm

Jogcarts905012.jpg

Jogcarts905007.jpg

Top Bottom